Celebrity Deaths 2018

Turn left at the rock that looks like a bear, and left at the the beat that looks like a rock.

Pete Shelley, lead singer of The Buzzcocks, dead from a heart attack so I read. After The Buzzcocks split, he had a solo career for a while which included the great solo single “Homosapien” in the early 80’s.

RIP.

Oh wow. Thanks for the news. Buzzcocks are one of my absolute faves.

Not good. Buzzcocks were a big part of the soundtrack of my youth. Sad news to start the day.

That’s not good. Died in Estonia?

Homosapien was a highlight of the brief period post punk before the New Romantics really took over. Underneath the music are some very powerful lyrics perfectly delivered. It’s one of the great songs of defiance coming at a time when those sentiments weren’t mainstream.

Sad to hear. Great band. Saw them at the Corner maybe 10 years ago and he still had a great voice for his age.

Particularly with him having come from a “punk background”, which was pretty boorish and masculine and may not have accepted h o m o-/bi-sexual sentiments readily…

Exactly. The sentiment is as powerful today as it was then.

I asked my band if we could play O r g a s m Addict at a Pushover fest years back. It was hard to sing like Pete but tonnes of fun to try.

Obviously not news. I just read this for the first time, the most brutal obituary of all time.

Hunter S Thompson taking down Nixon

And further to that there is, ‘The Public Burning’ a novel which also skewers Nixon. More details here:

This is one of the finest American novels ever written, it is hard work in a few places, but well worth the effort. A book that needed to be written, and deserves to be widely read.

As well check out: ‘Where the Buffalo Roam’, https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081748/?ref_=nv_sr_1
from 1980 with Bill Murray as Hunter S. Thompson and Dan Hedaya as Nixon during the 1972 presidential campaign. Murray is brilliant, and the movie is worth it just for the opening scene. For the record l reckon Thompson is probably a little too kind in his assessment of ‘Tricky Dicky’, He and Kissinger are both major war criminals.

Roger the Ripped Kangaroo died at home in Alice Springs today aged 12.
RIP Rog.

With those mits and leap we should have had him at CHF!

If Courtney John’s were an animal…

I heard it was.

Gerard Healy;

Look at the arms on jake macropodsham

Underrated.