Celebrity Deaths 2023

I’ve seen several reports of it, including…

1 Like

Yep . BBC confirming it now too.

A life well lived. And a truly wonderful singer songwriter right up to so recently active and recording. I had the privilege of seeing CSN in London at the Albert Hall many years ago now. Will never forget it.

RIP David Crosby.

3 Likes

He was an interesting guy.
Wasn’t a fan of his music, really, but I did like to listen to him talk and read interviews with him.

8 Miles High… no more.
RIP Mr. Crosby.

The last l saw of him was a video when he appeared with Graham Nash singing with Pink Floyd at their concert in Gdansk.

2023 is not off to a great start in terms of the number of musicians we have already lost and as they grow older l expect there to be many more, sadly.

2 Likes

Nice tribute here for Renee Geyer from [Bonnie Raitt]
The keyboard player she mentions Ian McLagen was one of the original Small Faces with Steve Marriott.
(Bonnie Raitt)

rotnpoedSsmtl8858ta13a8t8:2ymtf7M1810g8ru3A 0nau5a6c l6a J5 ·

Shocked and so saddened to hear of the sudden passing of another friend and one of the greatest singers I’ve ever known, Australia’s incomparable Renée Geyer. Her husky, powerful and deeply soulful voice and phrasing has blown me away since I first heard her back in 1980 in LA, while making her So Lucky album with producer Rob Fraboni, and the Bump Band, consisting of legendary keys player, Ian ‘Mac’ McLagan, drummer Ricky Fataar, guitarist Johnny Lee Schell and bassist Ray Ohara. I was so knocked out I enlisted Rob and that band to play on my next album, Green Light, in 1981.

Whether through decades of her own albums and live shows, joining in on records with Sting, Jackson Browne, Hamish Stuart or my own, “Spit of Love,” with her impossibly low growl, unearthly high swoops but mostly, staggeringly great singing, there was no one like her. She was feisty, fiercely independent and faced a lot being a strong woman in this music business. She was also my good friend and will remain an inspiration and in my heart always. My condolences to her family and friends. --Bonnie

For more about Renee, her life and music:

https://www.smh.com.au/…/acclaimed-australian-musician…

9 Likes

A pathetic follow-up to Grassby, Grills and Nudge.

Al Grassby died years ago…a very dodgy man with very dodgy connections.

3 Likes

I will miss David Crosby. Not necessarily for his music, but for his ability to assess joint rolling.

I did like the Steely Dan influenced stuff he was doing late in his life though.

1 Like

3 Likes

Mellissa Etheridge has two kids with David,very sad hope she teaches those children well

3 Likes

[

Joan Baez

·
In 1965, Bob Dylan and I were discussing the state of the music scene. He said The Byrds, who had made a hit of “Mr. Tambourine Man,” were the only thing happening musically at that point in time. Perhaps an exaggeration, but certainly a tribute to the stellar musicians who formed the budding monster groups of the years to come like The Byrds and CSNY.
David Crosby was among the monster group icons who continued a solo career with the kind of success reserved for great musicians. And he could sing the hell out of a harmony.
He was also a friend to me. He was always, I repeat, always present for me, to defend my character and politics, and often included over the top (sometimes unwarranted) praise. He was funny, clever, and refreshing to be around. And I was honored that he chose my portrait of him as his last album cover.
He will be missed by millions, including myself. Sending my love to Jan and his family.

9 Likes

When they are alive you are a stalker

1 Like

Jesus look at him, he has seen some stuff

Was the song that recognised me to Crosby Stills and Nash as a youngster

2 Likes

I’m just listening to Crosby, Still & Nash’s self title debut album…the harmonies are just so sweet…music beautifully arranged…great lyrics.

50+ years on and it still stands up as a masterpiece.

RIP Dave

2 Likes

Give me some songs brother @swoodley

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Fantastic YES to all

2 Likes