Census 2016

Minister says census online form outage was not an attack or hack.

ROFL. They should announce a snap royal commission to be lead by a retired former director of the abs

hacking =/= DDoS.

Head abs statistician told ABC this morning it was a ddos attack

THAT’S WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO BELIEVE MAN

Did anyone actually expect it to work?

Did anyone actually expect it to work?
That's why I did it Monday :)

Hilarious. More than likely the NOC and SOC monitoring the networks saw a shitload of data coming in and just assumed that it was a DDOS because they hadn’t seen those sort of traffic figures in the past. Wouldn’t be the first time that the left hand didn’t tell the right hand what was going on.

01110100 01101001 01101110 01100110 01101111 01101001 01101100

01100100 01100100 01101111 01110011 00100000 01101000 01100001 01100011 01101011

“Apparently half way through the evening, the routing changed also … it originally went Telstra > IBM > Census servers … then by 7pm it went telstra > CEnsus servers (literally a network engineer running a bit of fibre across a DC floor to bypass IBM’s overloaded links / routers).”

So the story goes. Basic level ■■■■-up.

All i want to know is does this thing have ‘gate’ status yet?

Perhaps ‘gateway’ status would be more appropriate in this instance.

"Apparently half way through the evening, the routing changed also ... it originally went Telstra > IBM > Census servers ... then by 7pm it went telstra > CEnsus servers (literally a network engineer running a bit of fibre across a DC floor to bypass IBM's overloaded links / routers)."

Who should own the ■■■■ up? Is it a perfect storm of in competence?

"Apparently half way through the evening, the routing changed also ... it originally went Telstra > IBM > Census servers ... then by 7pm it went telstra > CEnsus servers (literally a network engineer running a bit of fibre across a DC floor to bypass IBM's overloaded links / routers)."

Gillan for mine

Gillan for mine

The buck stops at the top.
My daughter works at Donut King

Where do you work: Donut King
What is your job: Donut Seller
What are your duties: Selling Donuts

Wife did it, only request was that she went with the Jedi option

Bad idea - you now get lumped under “Religion: Other” now.

Agree. Think of John Lennon. Imagine there’s no countries etc…

I just did mine, truthfully, in less than 10 minutes. But I'm not one of you paranoid, tinfoil hat tosspots.

What did you put down for your ancestry? My heritage is Pictish and Hephthalite.

Since I did it truthfully, I wrote English (5/8) and Irish (3/8).

Well played.

https://newmatilda.com/2016/08/10/censusfail-boycott-grows-servers-crash-so-its-business-as-usual-under-a-turnbull-govt/

Lol

https://scontent.fmel1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13925355_10153613183851455_3042518446435453553_n.png?oh=5481eff33cf0e965c374926083536753&oe=58514C56

Still works better than the ticketing system for the footy.

Government Deartments are supposed to identify outsourcing for Senate Estimates purposes. A while back a Department partially engaged a so-called IT expert company to manage peak loads. The trouble was the Company sent in inexperienced juniors and the departmental IT expert staff spent all their time training them. Don’t always blame the public servants, who inevitably get crucified at Estimates.