CEO - Xavier "Drive Purposeful Innovation" Campbell — well… bye!

hahaha

Better than “Embracing India”?

I’m detecting skepticism amongst some posters. Anyone else getting that vibe?

2 Likes

Just waiting for us to do like the Vic gov. “DIVERSITY” ÜBER ALLES. :roll_eyes:

A football one would be measureable. Couldn’t have that. About the only one involving a degree of accountability is number 5, financial management.

Repeat after me
Xavier Campbell

Is
Not
On
The
Board.

And hasn’t been for a few years.

2 Likes

The strategic theme of a premiership has been shrinkwrapped as the club is agnostic to success.

3 Likes
  1. Develop and embed best practice member skepticism.

Tick.

4 Likes
  1. Implement best practice in producing consistently underwhelming years of predictability when engaging in football operations.

However, he represents the club at regularly scheduled AFL meetings. The other day Gordon said the President/AFL meetings only occur about 3 times a year.

1 Like

Yes and no.

The CEO’s role is about employing the right people with the experience, expertise and personality, who’s values align to the Strategic Vision set by the Board.

He is accountable to the Board. Who are accountable to the members. But the CEO needs to trust that the correct people are being employed to do the job. Xavier does have a responsibility to the football department… generally its mainly focussed on providing them the right resources, the right people, and challenging their performance.

I’m taking a guess that the Board can make 2 employee appointments; The head coach and the CEO.

IMPROVE HORIZONTAL AND VERTICAL CLIENT RESPONSIVENESS.

My favourite PS motto.

Back to footy, win the farking premiership should be 1-5.

1 Like

Now look at that strategic vision. I’ve got no idea what any of it is, but he’s doing it.

1 Like

The no. 1 objective of the Essendon football Club is based on ‘positive membership experiences’.

There is no doubt that it’s important. But surely winning Premierships is the No. 1 objective? But it doesn’t even get mentioned.

2 Likes

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOKE.

1 Like

That’s the whole joke. What other only “positive membership experience” is there than watching your side win?

Put flag #17 on the wall and you can triple the membership cost, make the scarf out of asbestos and move my seat to row ZZ behind the light pole. At waverley.

7 Likes

Its been unique alright. I give you a complete fail on that one.

If I can choose between sitting on hold for 20 mins, waiting to talk to EFC membership department and winning a Premiership; or sit 7-12 on the ladder each year but my calls get answered instantly…

I know which experience is going to be more memorable.

1 Like

He is however, the puppet master.

1 Like