CEO - Xavier "Drive Purposeful Innovation" Campbell — well… bye!

Announced in Club Statement by Little.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-07-25/club-statement

Linked In Profile:  http://au.linkedin.com/pub/xavier-campbell/18/382/62a 

Wwaaaaaittttt a minute.

Where's the new CEO bit?

Have you just made it "all about Hird?"

Not an announcement as such, but he is normally careful with his words & he does refer to it. Also on the staff listing page he's listed as CEO (not acting CEO).

Little announces it at the end of the Video statement he made, so it is official.

Little goes... bang?

Promote from within.

I like it. 

EXODUS. 

Campbell appointed CEO

Essendon Football Club is pleased to announce Xavier Campbell has been appointed to the role of Chief Executive Officer.

The position attracted a number of high calibre applicants and following a thorough and extensive interview process conducted by executive search firm Slade Partners, the board endorsed the decision to appoint Campbell as CEO.

Chairman Paul Little said the decision to promote Campbell to CEO was unanimous.

“I‘d like to congratulate Xavier on his appointment to the position of CEO,” Little said.

“We had an extremely talented and experienced group of candidates from a range of different business and sporting backgrounds to choose from, but as a club we felt Xavier had displayed the necessary qualities and business acumen to make the step up to the role of CEO.”

“Xavier has been an integral member of the club‘s senior management for the past five years, and over the last eight months has shown tremendous leadership, work ethic and vision as interim CEO.”

“Xavier‘s knowledge and strong relationships with the football department, administration and key stakeholders has already enabled him to improve key areas of the club, including a restructure of the executive and football department.”

Campbell, 34, said it was honour to be appointed CEO of Essendon Football Club.

“I‘d like to thank the Essendon Football Club and the Board, in particular Chairman Paul Little for this significant opportunity,” Campbell said.

“The role of CEO is a position I take on with great enthusiasm and responsibility, and I look forward to working with our key stakeholders to make sure the Essendon Football Club is strong both on and off the field.”

“As a club we still face a number of challenges moving forward, but I have full confidence in the direction we are heading as a club.”

Campbell previously held the position as the club‘s Chief Operating Officer and General Manager Projects and Partnerships. He has overseen significant growth of the Club‘s sponsorship and strategic partnerships over the past five years. 

Prior to joining Essendon, Campbell worked for Dynamic Sports and Entertainment Group and global sports marketing company Octagon. He has significant commercial and sports management experience, as well as a background in marketing and commercial strategy consulting. Campbell has also worked for the South Australian Government as an economic analyst. Campbell is a SANFL premiership player with Sturt Football Club and has a Bachelor of Business and Economics as well as a Diploma in Accounting.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-07-25/campbell-appointed-ceo

I don't know who this is or what he does but okay.

Its a time when club members and staff are all sticking together to make the club stronger and the club needs committed people working for it and in it to go forward.

Congratulations to Xavier Campbell on his promotion within the club. 

Soooo young! Good on him.

Personal favourite is when media folks who have five sevenths of ■■■■ all to do with the club they played at, go and bang on about XYZ administrator from another club in a different state about how great an operator they are. Who actually knows? Who really even cares?

We appoint a Sturt Premiership player as CEO, Brisbane appoint a Williamstown Runner Up player as CEO. Winner!

#farkcarlton

Looks arrogant, barracked for us as a kid, etc.

Another old Xavs boy

as long as he doesn't perform like the other Xaviers- Ellis and Clarke I'm happy

"moving forward"...I hate that phrase.

But congratulations to him. I hope he does a good job.

His college develops good players. Should merge it with hird’s academy

"moving forward"...I hate that phrase.

But congratulations to him. I hope he does a good job.

Yes "Executive speak",  is sometimes almost as bad as Jockey speak at worst or even football player speak in some cases.

But it goes without saying that all things considered, at the end of the day, when all is said and done,  moving forward is preferable to going backwards !

Wasn't he COO before? Guessing similar role with more responsibility?

This is an internal appointment that should result in EFC concentrating on brand building in future.

That said, I guess once you have the coaching spots and governance issues already sorted, brand building is the next management priority.  

Xavier resume indicates he is well suited to brand building. He worked at Octagon for 4 years and Dynamic for just under 1 year:   

- Octagon is the world‘s largest sponsorship consulting practice and a pioneer and leader in athlete and personality representation and management. With more than 800 employees globally, Octagon manages/influences billions in worldwide sponsorship rights fees and activation. We work with hundreds of blue-chip corporate clients, more than 800 Athletes & Personalities clients, and manage more than 13,000 events per year. Leading stakeholders in the sports and entertainment world continue to look to Octagon to provide leadership in understanding fans‘ passions and how these insights can build more effective, efficient and measurable marketing programs.

- Dynamic was launched by sports and sponsorship industry veteran Mark McCauley, who has more than 20 years of experience in marketing, advertising and sales, with specialization in integrated sports and event sponsorship, promotions and interactive marketing.