CEO - Xavier "Drive Purposeful Innovation" Campbell — well… bye!

Great news. Has been trialled for some months.

I wonder if the Crows were making enquiries hence the timing.

This is an internal appointment that should result in EFC concentrating on brand building in future.
That said, I guess once you have the coaching spots and governance issues already sorted, brand building is the next management priority.
Xavier resume indicates he is well suited to brand building. He worked at Octagon for 4 years and Dynamic for just under 1 year:
- Octagon is the world‘s largest sponsorship consulting practice and a pioneer and leader in athlete and personality representation and management. With more than 800 employees globally, Octagon manages/influences billions in worldwide sponsorship rights fees and activation. We work with hundreds of blue-chip corporate clients, more than 800 Athletes & Personalities clients, and manage more than 13,000 events per year. Leading stakeholders in the sports and entertainment world continue to look to Octagon to provide leadership in understanding fans‘ passions and how these insights can build more effective, efficient and measurable marketing programs.
- Dynamic was launched by sports and sponsorship industry veteran Mark McCauley, who has more than 20 years of experience in marketing, advertising and sales, with specialization in integrated sports and event sponsorship, promotions and interactive marketing.

GEMBA

met him once, seems like a nice bloke.

I for one welcome our new X-man overlord.  Hail to the Chief!

dont think i had a job when i was 34

34? If he asked fletch to do something I reckon fletch would just say ‘nah, probably won’t do that’.

Soooo young! Good on him.

We needed some youth at the helm.

It also seems like Justin Rodski is having more responsibility poured on him and seems to be handling it well. These two are the future of the club. 

Justin Rodski seems like a genuinly decent person and is clearly pasionate about the club. What is his new role?

I don't think he has a new role, but has been in some of the more important meetings because of his media/marketing role. Can only see him taking on a more advanced role in the future. 

We could also do with some of the "65" Premiership players moving on from the board.

Justin Rodski seems like a genuinly decent person and is clearly pasionate about the club. What is his new role?

Making salad rolls.

Chief Marketing Officer.
Terrific person to have at the club.

Love reading his tweets. He's not afraid to have a crack at some of the more idiotic statements some have made on there.

XAV

Yikes, at 34, that's impressive. To get the nod from a guy like Paul Little says a bit about this guy.

XAV

XAV!

I will remain pensive on this news until I've heard what Caro thinks

Boys club. Must fall on his sword.

XAV

XAV!
Is closer to a senior game than the real thing.

Will be do a Gil style tell all interview, in Women’s Weekly or New Idea?

Terrific news. Very pleased.

Yep ripper bloke Xav. Great news