CEO - Xavier "Drive Purposeful Innovation" Campbell — well… bye!

Had a part of extending Worsfolds contract.
Anyone who had a part in that needs to go just for that alone

1 Like

yea, because the hawthorn, or geelong or any other CEO would not have leveraged our huge supporter base either?

Fact is, he is directly responsible for causing this - extending a coach out of his depth and now causing a potential massive payout of said coach.

The decision is made for him. He has no choice.

For what it’s worth, Xavier responded to an email I sent last night out of disgust. Whether it was from or his PA, they’re doing something today. Hopefully more just replying to emails, but it’s something.

2 Likes

Any chance you could post it here?

Dear Mr President…

1 Like

At least share what you sent…

and? What did he say?
More propaganda and rhetoric?

Yeah right!

Dear Michael Long Legend,

■■■■■■■■■■■■, it’s not, a ■■■■■■■, game
■■■■ what you heard
It’s what you hearin
It’s what you hearin (Listen)

X gon give it to ya
■■■■ wait for you to get it on your own
X gon deliver to ya

Regards,
Xavier Campbell

20 Likes

quoted to read

2 Likes

I’d say the members have been brilliant at keeping the club afloat.

This is Xavier’s footy department, he and Dan Richardson hire the coaches and set the structure.

It’s also his board. Just this week another super rich white dude was added. They’re as far removed from the members as they ever were.

I think we’re owed some answers.

Who is Footy Director? Is it Wellman?

If it is… on what credentials? Essendon person? Assistant coach at Melbourne when they were ■■■■. Assistant at Bulldogs when they were ■■■■.

Can someone stand for board election on a football platform and then not be called to account when we’re ■■■■ at football?

Does the board have the strength to stand up to their CEO when he’s in the wrong?

Do they have the footy nous to know?

Is there a plan?

What is it?

Lots of questions I know but I would really, really like to hear the answers.

4 Likes

I thought Paul Cousins was unlucky not to be re-elected, but wasn’t surprised he lost out to a member of the Essendon Boys Club. It was also telling quite a few of the players were tweeting to vote Wellman in, when previously the same courtesy wasn’t afforded to other candidates etc.

2 Likes

It would have been an automated email. I sent an email to David Evan’s once and it was the same politicians reply.
Thank you for your support, it is a tough time but hang tough blah blah blah.

In 2015 I actually hand wrote a letter to the club, that got a response.

2 Likes

Kennet gets ■■■■ done…like him or hate him he turned that footy club around…

1 Like

He was exceptionally unlucky. One of the best football minds I’ve ever come across.

1 Like

I see you @Riolio

11 Likes

Hard to see how the resignation of X will help the club in the short term. No new CEO will have the balls to sack Worsfold and pay him out a substantial sum. The bottom line is a key part of their KPI’s.

I’m not saying Xavier should resign…I’m not saying anyone should resign.

I am asking for some accountability.

2 Likes

No shame in asking for him to resign.

He’s part of the cultural problem.

Perhaps… but perhaps he’s also part of the solution.

3 Likes