CEO - Xavier "Drive Purposeful Innovation" Campbell — well… bye!

Stop being jerks you lot.

What do you want him to say on television? “Oh man, we’re farked. Did you see us on the weekend? Jesus H Christ we are farked”.

15 Likes

You want him to come out and make a comment which clearly publicly places the coach’s position in question.

When we are sitting a game clear in the 8. With two rounds to play.

I know you’re frustrated, I am too, but surely you cannot be serious

5 Likes

The coach’s position is in question now. By saying nothing now it only has everyone guessing. Come out and say his job is safe to the end of the season and get some clean air for the next two weeks.

1 Like

There is no clean air that way.

He’s contracted for all of next year so as soon as you say “until the end of the year” then that’s like a red rag to a bull. The media drop everything and won’t stop until they get their man.

5 Likes

Not sure what’s funnier, “full support of the board” actually meaning that, or “clean air” ?

I would be happy with that. I would even send him a personal invite to the Lid On thread

1 Like

Were not going to win the premiership, plain and simple. Making the 8 means nothing really. I would personally get rid of recruiters, fitness staff and other development staff before Woosha but I dont think the club has any idea how to find the best in these categories anyway.

1 Like

Tell that to Woosha.
His job will be depending on whether we make finals or not.
But yeah…
It means nothing to us.

We have to own it before change happens. So it won’t any time soon.

He actually did say a bit - in what he didnt say.

He was specifically asked about woosha and 2020, and he refused to back him in even though he is ‘contracted’. He could easily have hid behind that.

What seems consistent from people in and around the club is that it is finals or bust for the bloke. Im hoping his final year of the contract is a finals trigger and not auto renewal, but I doubt we were that smart.

Blitz: “Why doesn’t the club show some fight? Why don’t we hear from X?”

X: “Our season isn’t done with yet”

Also Blitz: “Who is he kidding? Why doesn’t he just concede we are done?”

#blitzlife

8 Likes

Either does Xavier

You would get rid of everyone except for the moron that’s supposed to drive the footy dept. Nfi

The bus driver?

Nah, we got rid of Brian the bus driver in 2012 when we flew to the Wangaratta game.

3 Likes

X has no role in the football department and should not comment on football department roles. He is the CEO not President/Chairman of the board. He needs to perform his role as CEO (and that doesn’t mean kowtowing to the AFL !). His role is not comparable to David Koch’s role with PA

2 Likes

He’s in charge of the football department. I would assume the department reports to the CEO. Something wrong if they don’t.

3 Likes

X is not employed to make football related decisions. We all know the reporting structure at Essendon has been under continuous review since the saga. X is there to run the business side of things not the footy side of things.

I know what you’re saying but every decision at the club is football-related. Sponsorships and other business opportunities come from leveraging the club’s brand… a brand built on footballing success.

No football success = negative material impact on the business. X needs to grow a set if he is taking a backseat ride

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes