Champion League 2014/15

When was the last time they actually challenged for the title? That formline is solid but the lack of progression over those years would be concerning and smacks of a club that’s happy to continue along that vein. I really think Arsenal are 3-4 good quality signings from being genuine title contenders, I reckon one for each line (1 x GK, 1 x CB, 1 x CM, 1 x ST), they should have the money but they don’t spend it…

Quoted Post

When was the last time they actually challenged for the title? That formline is solid but the lack of progression over those years would be concerning and smacks of a club that's happy to continue along that vein. I really think Arsenal are 3-4 good quality signings from being genuine title contenders, I reckon one for each line (1 x GK, 1 x CB, 1 x CM, 1 x ST), they should have the money but they don't spend it...

You’d have to think their spending will increase, didn’t they try to save a bit of dosh the last few years to pay of debts? or was that further back in time and the owners have become cheap because of it?

Quoted Post

When was the last time they actually challenged for the title? That formline is solid but the lack of progression over those years would be concerning and smacks of a club that's happy to continue along that vein. I really think Arsenal are 3-4 good quality signings from being genuine title contenders, I reckon one for each line (1 x GK, 1 x CB, 1 x CM, 1 x ST), they should have the money but they don't spend it...

Yeah, I really thought they were a massive chance for the title this season after finishing strongly last season and breaking their trophy drought.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

You’d have to think their spending will increase, didn’t they try to save a bit of dosh the last few years to pay of debts? or was that further back in time and the owners have become cheap because of it?

Pretty sure they’ve now paid off the stadium, which is a plausible reason for maybe the preceding 4-5 years, but now it’s time to dip the hands into the pockets if they are fair dinkum. Pretty sure Arsenal fans pay the highest season ticket prices in the EPL, they should expect a better return on investment.

Watching the Arsenal vs Monaco game, I sat there and actually wondered what possessed Arsenal to actually pay any form of currency for Wellbeck.

Dead set plonker.

Possession after possession he would just give away the ball, missing passes, taking on players and losing horribly, lazy/over touching of the ball.

Boy I’m glad he isn’t playing for United anymore.

The goal he did set up for Giroud looked like too harsh of a first touch for mine rather than an assisted pass.

Then the commentators actually said he had a brilliant game. Unbelievable.

He did put your mob out of the cup last week.

He’s definitely got some talent but definitely not put it all together.
Still youngish - 23?

Quoted Post

Watching the Arsenal vs Monaco game, I sat there and actually wondered what possessed Arsenal to actually pay any form of currency for Wellbeck.

Dead set plonker.

Possession after possession he would just give away the ball, missing passes, taking on players and losing horribly, lazy/over touching of the ball.

The goal he did set up for Giroud looked like too harsh of a first touch for mine rather than an assisted pass.

Not all players can be Falcao’s…

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Dead set plonker.

I’ll still love Falcao!

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Dead set plonker.

OUCH!

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Dead set plonker.

LOL. Touche.

Although, Falcao is a monster when he is in form.

Just watched the highlights from the Arsenal game. Man they had enough chances to win 3 games.

In the end poor finishing cost them

OK Smooth. I have some things for you to consider.

Yes Arsenal were reducing their purchases whilst trying to pay off the stadium. However Ozil 42.5 Million pounds, Sanchez about 35 million I think. So spending is starting to happen.

I think we probably need a real elite keeper, but they don’t grow on trees, hopefully we get Cech in the off season. We did just buy Gabriel from Villareal and he seems quite highly credentialed. We definitely need a DM in my opinion but I am not sure who is the best for us, have been linked a billion times with Carvalho at Sporting. The other Bender, the one at Leverkusen and somewhat optimisitcally Pogba, not sure if he is a DM though. I am not sure we shouldt get Khedira, I am cooling on him rapidly. I am pretty happy with our strikers, Sanchez goes ok and Giroud is going from strength to strength. I think Theo should have time as a second striker with Giroud where he can use his pace to pounce on keeper mistakes. I think Wellbeck looks to be a really good player, but maybe not the most prolific.

I did think we were a sneaky chance for the title this season but only because the other clubs that I considered were in the running had new bosses so that might have helped us

Quoted Post

OK Smooth. I have some things for you to consider.

Yes Arsenal were reducing their purchases whilst trying to pay off the stadium. However Ozil 42.5 Million pounds, Sanchez about 35 million I think. So spending is starting to happen.

I think we probably need a real elite keeper, but they don’t grow on trees, hopefully we get Cech in the off season. We did just buy Gabriel from Villareal and he seems quite highly credentialed. We definitely need a DM in my opinion but I am not sure who is the best for us, have been linked a billion times with Carvalho at Sporting. The other Bender, the one at Leverkusen and somewhat optimisitcally Pogba, not sure if he is a DM though. I am not sure we shouldt get Khedira, I am cooling on him rapidly. I am pretty happy with our strikers, Sanchez goes ok and Giroud is going from strength to strength. I think Theo should have time as a second striker with Giroud where he can use his pace to pounce on keeper mistakes. I think Wellbeck looks to be a really good player, but maybe not the most prolific.

I did think we were a sneaky chance for the title this season but only because the other clubs that I considered were in the running had new bosses so that might have helped us

Yep, but I guarantee that if Arsenal are in the same 3rd/4th spot, get knocked out of CL in the last 16 in 2 years, Real Madrid, Barca, Man City or Chelsea will be in form him and he will leave. Don’t worry I’ve seen it at Liverpool with Suarez and Torres, and you ca probably add Mascherano too, but he was not a patch on them. Buying Ozil and Sanchez is fine, but more is needed for Arsenal to become a genuine title threat and not a stepping stone club.

Frig.

Wenger gives stability, butthis can also be a curse - He’s a cautious spender, who doesn’t like paying overs for a player - Of course you could get a new manager who is willing to spend dollars - But will that manager spend wisely ?

Tevez with the crucial early away goal.
Come on Juve!

Juve should be safe. The coach of Dortmund said that they are facing the toughest task in world football: Beating an Italian team that only needs a draw

Nasri should of been given a straight red, Barca should be 3 or 4 up

Dortmund are done, stick a fork in 'em.

Hopefully we are in the ear of Hummels and Reus already.