Champions League 2017/18

I would rather Vieira went to Rangers as an audition for the Arsenal job.

Baffling how The Rangers can think that someone whose only managerial experience is Liverpool U18s can be ready for such a job. I hope it doesn’t turn out like this for Stevie, but there is a whiff of Neville/Valencia about it. Either will be a spectacular success or he will be out within six months. It would only take a couple of Old Firm beatings to have him under pressure.

1 Like

rangers trying desperately to go into administration again…

Thanks for killing me, Real Madrid. What a ■■■■■■ stressful game. Take a bow Benzema. And, take an even bigger one Navas. Phew!

A Por La 13!

Reds 2-1 up at halftime 7-3 aggregate
Go you good things!!
Roma will needs all of bombers drugs from here

So good so far. Go Liverpool

2nd half we were terrible, never in any real danger even though a last minute penalty cut the margin to just 1. A 4-2 loss in the away leg means a 7-6 aggregate win. Through to face Real Madrid in Kiev, but still some worries on that defence, especially Alexander-Arnold, who was at fault for Roma’s 2nd, should’ve given away a penalty for handball obstructing a goal-bound shot, and was constantly out of position.

Reds through to the CL final. Massive! Go Reds! #gottabelieve

1 Like

Agreed, but our leaky defence has always concerned me. TAA was excellent vs Man City, but not so good vs Roma. Lovren has always been a liability. VVD & Robertson have strengthened them considerably, though. TBH, I am more worried about Henderson. He isn’t a defensive mid. How will Real set up? 4-4-2 or 4-3-3? If our mids can at least breakeven (a huge task), I reckon our forwards could damage them.

My goodness, Liverpool don’t do things the easy way. 7-6 on aggregate. 4 of the Roma goals scored in the last 10 minutes/stoppage time of either game, 2 of those goals scored as a result of penalties from handballs and 1 of the other goals scored from an own goal which involved a Liverpool defender booting it into the face of another Liverpool defender.

No idea what will happen in Kiev but surely there will be goals.

1 Like

Agree. I don’t think this is a great Real Madrid side either. They needed a last minute pen to get over Juve after taking a 3-0 1st leg lead to the Bernebeu and again rode their luck yesterday. Probably RM favourites based on past successes in this comp and fair enough, but Liverpool more than capable of winning.

1 Like

Atletico Madrid through to the Europa League Final after beating Arsenal 1-0 in the return leg. Diego Costa the scorer. They will play Marseille who needed extra time to score a vital away goal with Red Bull Salzburg 2-0 ahead and the match seemingly destined to be heading for penalties. An incorrectly awarded corner did the trick as Marseille scores in the 117th minute for a 3-2 aggregate win.

Arsenal Fan TV for tonight’s entertainment

2 Likes

How’s 6th?

HAHAHAHA

Check out @Totally_MUFC’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Totally_MUFC/status/990685994943959040?s=09

C’mon Liverpool!

4 Likes

KI had arranged to head out with mates to watch the game here I n Singapore. Howeve that was before I realised it’s a Melbourne Cup like weekend (Tuesday public holiday) and we had booked a weekend away. So anyway I will be watching the game in Penang - most likely by myself! YNWA!

1 Like

As long as you can get to watch the game. :slight_smile: YNWA!

1 Like

Can’t wait. Super nervous. After 3 in 4 years this feels like we are playing with house money but winning would be oh so sweet! HALA MADRID!

Must admit I’m starting to get pretty nervous for tomorrow morning. Definitely underdogs, but absolutely loving the dismissive comments from players and staff at Real Madrid. Hopeful we give them a rude shock and have those greasy Prima Donnas crying at the final whistle. COME ON REDMEN!!

2 Likes

Fark I hope Real batter ‘Pool 5-0.