Champions League 2017/18

I’m still in awe of Bale’s goal.

For me Allison or Oblak have to be the guys. Spend the money and get a world-class keeper. The back four was OK tonight IMO, we were let down by 2 goalie howlers and a goal that you just have to applaud, one of the best ever.

1 Like

Need a world class keeper, get some defensive depth, we get Kieta but lose Can so need another mid come in to back up the others, we then need a young gun winger like a Pulisic and a good back up centre forward (or keep Origi).

Gareth Bale - Coys.

Come home Gareth.

1 Like

Wore my Bale jersey as this is likely his last game for my Real. What. A. Goal.

3peat and 4 in 5. See ya later!

The thing is, Oblak ain’t going to leave Atleti for Liverpool, it just ain’t going to happen. He is probably the second or third best keeper in the world behind De Gea/Neuer and isn’t going to leave a dominant team in Europe for a team that might only be 3rd-5th best in England and could very well have already peaked by getting to this CL final.

Allison is far more gettable but you need a hell of a lot more than a GK.

The only teams that could compete with Real are Barca, City and maybe Bayern.

United, Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea, PSG etc are just so far off them it ain’t even funny.

Well done Madrid and well done for Liverpool for making the final.

Feel sorry for Karius and was quite obviously distraught at the end. Needs to keep his chin up and go back and work twice as hard but as many have said, he could have very well played his last game for Liverpool this morning.

You boys should be proud though, you’ve had a phenomenal season!

2 Likes

Nah, Real are overrated. They ride a lot of luck, some dirty play and take advantage(through experience).

Ramos should have been sent off (yellow for the Salah foul and then when he elbowed Karius in the face) and they got nothing from Ronaldo.

We lost because our best player got injured and our goalkeeper made two of the worst mistakes you will ever see.

If Mane’s shot didn’t hit the post when we were 2-1 down who knows.

Not saying we are in the top but Liverpool aren’t far off it because Real aren’t that far ahead.

Depth is primarily the difference between Europe’s elite and the sides that are just behind. We brought on Lallana they brought on Bale.

2 Likes

A team that’s just won its third Champions League trophy in a row? I don’t think so.

The difference is that they are Real Madrid and you guys are Liverpool, plain and simple.

They have the better players and play the better brand of football. They are such a balanced and talented squad and made history last year by winning 2 CL trophies in a row and then etched their name in the history books again this morning as one of the greatest teams to ever play in Europe by winning 3 in a row.

We will never see anything like this again in our lifetime.

As much as we all hate them, any of us would give our left nut for our club to operate and perform the way that Real do because they are serial winners.

You guys did amazingly well to reach the final with the squad that you have but you can’t take anything away from Real.

I thought like they looked totally in control every minute of the game.

2 Likes

With the salah/Ramos incident, salah had his arm wrapped around Ramos arm

Yep, Salah initiated contact there

Still a better keeper than Karius

1 Like

Check out the time on the clock in each of these two photos. CR7’s goal and Bale’s goal both at almost the exact same moment. Wow.

2 Likes

Apparently ZZ has stepped down. I wonder who will replace him? :thinking:

Not a bad effort, first Real coach not to get sacked for a while isn’t he?

1 Like

I would say so.

Means Tottenham will be looking for a new coach soon

Didn’t Poch sign a new deal at Spurs? Unless he has a release clause if Real Madrid came calling, which might be plausible.

I reckon it would be a managerial death sentence to replace Zidane at Real.

Arsene Wenger will finally get his opportunity at Real #WengerIn

1 Like