Champions League 2017/18

Spurs had our measure for like 80% of that tie. They just bottled it. Maybe in their inexperience at this comp they thought they had the tie won.

And how about the team needing goals and Allegri puts on 2 defenders. Next minute 2 goals in a few minutes

Maybe us Spurs fans should of smashed the tv in when in Turin the 1st goal scored against us was offside.

Anyway originally I thought we wouldnā€™t get passed Juve for the reasons you have mentioned.

However this tie could of fallen either way in the end and the hindsight spiel - give us a spell.

Yep, Allegri was outcoached badly by Poch in the first leg but he turned the tables today. Lichsteiner and Asamoah came on and improved us out wide straight away whilst Poch really fluffed his subs today. Still a quality manager though and little wonder Real havetheir eye on him

After the first goal I texted a mate of mine who is a huge Spurs fan that ā€œyou are home!ā€. He told me to zip it. Ugh, I feel so bad for him.

But yeah, Juve. Too good. Too experienced.

So thatā€™s Liverpool, City, Real Madrid and Juve through to the QF. Next week:

Man U (0) v (0) Sevilla
Barcelona (1) v (1) Chelsea

Couple of great ties there too.

Breakfast at Chiellini went to town on the Tottenham. Post match.

3 Likes

Well thatā€™s us done

Lack the European pedigree of their opponentsā€¦

2 Likes

When Fellaini has far more impact on Pogba, questions have to be asked. We didnā€™t start playing until down 0-2ā€¦Sevilla are a much better team than Crystal Palace!

Wow. Sevilla has been hit and miss all year in La Liga but deserved to win today from the YouTube highlights I have seen :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pogba is garbage. Been saying it since he signed. He was a marketing department signing, because he sure isnā€™t a typical Mourniho player. He was zero tactical awareness, he just swans around the pitch and by and large produces nothing of a player with that price tag.

Yeah. Nah.

Heā€™s been injured for the last month or so and has played through it. He barely got up for this game.

Heā€™d been good before then.

Iā€™m with smooth on this. The guy has all the tools to be one of the best, if not the best player in the lge. Yet he just jogs around the pitch hldng on to the ball too long and then trying Hollywood passes. All show no substance

Seems to be more interested in his social media profile than his playing career

Barcelona one up after 3 minutesā€¦crap keeping from Courtois

Chealski on the ropes

Imagine if Mourniho was managing Barca right now. Would probably Park the bus and play for a 0-0 draw to get through on away goals.

3-0ā€¦Courtois needs to close his legs

The quarterfinals are going to be epic.