Champions League 2017/18

Still in shock! City did come into it more in the 2nd half and bossed the ball, but we handled their forays into our half pretty well. This still isn’t over by any stretch. In the other QF played this morning Barca won 4-1 against Roma at Camp Nou.

2 Likes

That was ■■■■■■■ amazing. Our attitude going into the away leg will be interesting. Park the bus from kick off or chase the away goal to put it away.

1 Like

if you park the bus can’t ever get on a pedestal about parking the bus again…

Great result to wake up to! Though it is never particularly comfortable holding a 3-0 lead as a Liverpool supporter - we gave one up as recently as the group stages of this competition.

No way we will park the bus next week - it does not suit our style and I just can’t see our defence holding out for 90 minutes. Aim to snag an away goal and they will need 5.

1 Like

Eat a bag Pep

2 Likes

Parking the bus away in a Champions League quarter final with a 3 goal advantage is a little different to parking the bus at Old Trafford against West Brom!

4 Likes

why not play the 2nd best football in the premier league then?

but in some serious talk, i don’t think liverpool can park the bus, your whole MO has been outscore everyone.

The big question is how bad Salah’s injury is. If he is out I suspect we will be a lot more defensive.

Given the match started at 2.30 here in Singapore I didn’t set an alarm. However I woke up at half time and saw the score. Couldn’t get back to sleep and so I listened to the last half on the radio. From what I heard we must only got the ball out of our own half 2 or 3 times for he half. Best defensive effort for a long Long time.

That’s what made the second half performance even more amazing. Totally didn’t think we had that in our defensive repertoire.

probably safer to play the way you have all year, 1 mistake early on could lose the return leg.

We don’t have to shut up shop completely, but we can play on the counter, and we are a very good team on the break. We pressed City very high up the pitch and gave their centre backs no time on the ball. Robbo and Trent played great games out wide as well. If you press like that it is nigh on impossible to play counter attacking football, so yes I will be very interested to see how we get on.

2 Likes

If you play on the counter you should get through. One away goal and it’s over.

Watched the highlights, Anfield was rocking!

WENGER IN

2 Likes

Liverpool safely through but Barca on the verge of going out, now trailing Roma 3-0

1 Like

WOW

There would have been some nervous Liverpool fans after the 2nd minute.

What the hell happened to Barcelona??

Thank you Liverpool. ■■■■ I love this club

3 Likes

Fark off Barca

3 Likes

A very nervy game up until the Salah goal. We always knew if we scored one away goal City would need 5, so to get that was massive. To then go and win the game as well is the cherry on the cake. Big 2nd half turnaround after being dominated in the first 45. We’ve now beaten City 3 times this season! As for Barca, LOL! You watching Phil?

4 Likes