Champions League 2018/19

Next generation of players for the Dutch national team looking pretty special.

2 Likes

no ones a fan of bsd.

1 Like

Should we be surprised given the following:

-they have appointed a manager who is too scared to park in the car park reserved for the manager given that itā€™s Fergieā€™s park
-they lack serious talent
-Either their biggest enemy or cross city rival will win the league
-they just got knocked out the Champions League
-they will struggle to qualify for the Champions League next year
-their biggest rival and cross city enemy are still in the Champions League*

*for at least the next 12 hours.

1 Like

at least weā€™re present unlike the majority of liverpool rodents.

You forgot to add one important point, RB.

Their ā€˜fansā€™ just arenā€™t passionate in the true sense of the word. Anfield vs Old Trafford atmosphere. Please. Man U fans are mainly bandwagon jumpers who ā€˜becameā€™ fans once they had a sustained period of success. Before Fergie, they were nothing. And now, they are reverting to nothing. Not like us Reds supporters. YNWA forever. :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah we are a rabble currently but love the Dippers putting the boot in when they have been such a poor club for decades. Our turn at mediocrity has arrived but I can guarantee we wonā€™t go 30 years before our next title

True. Take a look at this video - I know this was after Salah scored an absolute worldie but where else in the world do you find noise so high that the fans donā€™t realise a sub was made?

1 Like

I can assure you that Anfield can be a morgue at times aswell to go with the fact the place is a dump and should of been bulldozed years ago.

6 years is a decent start.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a huge statement given its universally acknowledged that Old Trafford has been well left behind by lack of investment in recent years - whereas Anfield has undergone significant investment.

2 Likes

Perhaps they could sell their useless Ā£140 Million central midfield pairing to help with the renovations?

2 Likes

Bahahahaha. Can you? I reckon I have watched most Reds games since around '81 and I have never, ever, heard it sounding like a morgue. Perhaps, a slight exaggeration there, Ace, no?

1 Like

Hmm donā€™t think Liverpool fans can have a go at anyone considering they did get English teams banned from European competition for 5 years

Capacity is still embarrassing and having been there plenty of times I would rate it fairly ordinary still. OT is not flash either though TBH and has parts that are shocking.

And Iā€™ve been to Anfield at least a dozen times and it like any other ground can be quiet when you arenā€™t winning.

Closet fan, hey? Cool.

1 Like

Am expecting to get trounced tomorrow.

Praying Iā€™m wrong because for clubs like ours an opportunity like this has been a pipe dream since Iā€™ve followed them as a kid.

Anyway we are going to need plenty of luck and one hell of a performance.
Canā€™t see us getting close but then again never thought we would get this far.

COYS!

1 Like

Ace has gotten a little prickly since Man U got dumped out of Champions League this morning :joy:

2 Likes

United away section for half of those and as a neutral in others.
I just love going to games when Iā€™m there and will go to as many EPL or lower league games as possible. When I was living over there Iā€™d often go to 3 or 4 games in a weekend.
FWIW St James Park in Newcastle has probably the best atmosphere of any place in the UK. OT can be very tame at times and the newer grounds are quite sterile. The old Highbury was another good venue

1 Like

Nah, as soon as the draw was done we were cooked. Iā€™m under no illusions of where we are at currently.
I donā€™t mind Liverpool fans having a crack but geez you are going bad when Arsenal fans are knocking your European performance :joy:

2 Likes