Champions League 2018/19

Well don’t be a stranger in this thread next season.

You know you are always welcome :joy:

I will pop by from time to time especially when Arsenal do their normal disappearing act in the round of 16 :grinning:

5 Likes

Whatevs

Two of my best English mates are Toon supporters & both of them are very passionate, so am not surprised by your St. James Park comment. I’ve seen enough games there to agree. Anfield and St. James Park would have the greatest atmosphere of any stadiums in the PL, regardless of your anti-Reds bias. Plenty of teams in the Championship also make a sheetload of noise in their stadiums.

1 Like

Nothing to do with anti Liverpool bias as I despise Arsenal and Leeds more than Liverpool and enjoyed the atmosphere at Highbury and Elland Road more than Anfield ( despite dodging the urine filled water balloons and darts at Elland Road) :joy:

I have been to Elland Rd when I was over there for 6 months in 2004. That was an experience! The season after they got relegated from the Premiership…

Anyway why are we discussing Man U or Arsenal in the Champions League thread? Let alone Newcastle, Leeds and other lower league English teams.

*We Liverpool fans still have at least 6 hrs on the pedestal which I’m currently standing on

2 Likes

What a crazy start, Sterling and Son goals in 7 minutes.

ANOTHER!!! Son running rampant!

City scores. Jesus, what it going on?!

Liverpool been dominated early on, but one attack, one goal. Mane scores after a VAR review reverses the initial offside call. 3-0 aggregate, means Porto need 4 goals without reply to progress.

1 Like

3-3 aggregate but Sissoko hurt, Spurs on the back foot. Frantic start has settled down… Son goes just wide.

21 minutes, fastest 5 goal burst in CL history.

City score, up 4-3 on aggregate

Aguero makes it 4-2

Porto and United were the weakest sides in the last 8 and both deservedly punished

Spurs score, amazing stuff

Off Llorente’s hip

This City v Spurs match has everything!

Salah and Firmino score 2nd half goals, Liverpool 3-1 up on the night, 5-1 aggregate.

1 Like