Champions League 2018/19

We dont have The Mighty Son in the first leg in the semi.
Body blow but we’ve been dealing with body blows so who knows what’s going to happen?

50 percent strike rate ain’t bad

1 Like

Eriksen luckiest man in the world.

1 Like

He has already said as much.

Geez I’m sorry for making predictions on a forum

2 Likes

Fair play to Spurs. Not sure why a lot of people were writing them off when the tie was announced, always suspected they were more than a chance and the only other side besides Liverpool that can take it up to City.

1 Like

I still can’t believe Llorente waisted his chance.*

*May have stolen this from the interwebs

4 Likes

Porto vs Liverpool. AGG 1-6. Not even close.

Ye of little faith.

We are on :fire:

1 Like

Porto was all over Liverpool in the first half hour. If they scored first, would have made it very interesting. Porto completely dropped their heads after Liverpool scored and we took advantage.

1-6.

Panic merchant, Ana.

:wink:

2 Likes

To be honest I don’t know what City were doing in the first leg not starting De Bruyne.
I was glad when he didn’t start.
Today he ripped us apart and if he started against us in the 1st leg things may well have been different.

The noisy neighbours who with an open cheque book have never made it to the semis in their pathetic history. Absolute minnows

The first 20 mins we couldn’t string a pass together. They had a number of chances, nothing really gilt-edged and what shots they had on goal Alisson well and truly had covered (If Mignolet or Karius were in net then it would’ve been a different story). Our first meaningful attack and we score, at first ruled offside but VAR showed Mane was clearly on so happy days, and that goal meant Porto needed 4 unanswered. Effectively tie over. Second half we just played on the break, Trent nice ball through to Mo, clinical finish, game put to bed. It’s great that we have the ability to weather a storm like that, take our chance and manage the game from there.

Side note, awesome to see Gomez get on in the 2nd half, and Hendo in the more advanced midfield role. Only played half an hour, puts Mane clean through but he shoots over the bar, puts one on a plate for Bobby to nod home and the delivery from the corner to pick out Mane, flick on and VVD puts it away with the head. Apparently had a word to the gaffer and asked him if he can play further up the pitch and not in the #6 holding role. Well and truly walking the walk.

2 Likes

As an Arsenal fan, when that 93rd minute Sterling goal went in I felt a little bit sad for Spurs.

Then when I saw the replay and they overturned the decision I went back to hating them.

I thought that the Llorente goal should have been disallowed, but the ref wasn’t shown the angle where it clearly hits his arm then goes onto his hip.

1 Like

PSG didn’t even get past United this year. They are the biggest joke in Europe.

5 Likes

Just read the results …wow. Well done spurs, suck it city

3 Likes

Wow just watched the highlights of City Vs Spurs match. The way City thought they had it won and then lost it will hurt big time. This weekend will be super interesting as they will either come out firing or not recover from it. Fingers crossed it breaks them. The emotion of having thought you won it and then having it ripped away would be so gut wrenching.

4 Likes

I think they’ll be extra determined not to let points slip this weekend.

You just know that the City supporters would have been giving it to the travelling Spurs supporters when Sterling buried that overturned goal.

That would be a very difficult loss to stomach.

Clearly? I don’t think so. I noticed that the City players, including the goalkeeper, didn’t protest anywhere near immediately.

1 Like