Champions League 2018/19

That’s some sort of Essington moment then

How embarrassing to firstly choke with the lead they had from first game but then lose like that

Usually you would think losing a 3-0 lead is a choke but Liverpool played them off the park for long stints. The thing I’m a tad disappointed in is that the goal scorers get all the praise yet I’ve barely heard anyone praise Allison for a couple of very good saves just before half time. One of those goes in and the tie is done and dusted

I love this description

Seriously, if Klopp was to write a list of things he hoped to not see happen to his team on the night…

Everything went against Liverpool.

Main forward and tactical component injured, star goalscorer injured, potential goalscoring threats from midfield injured. Check, check, check.

Andy Robbo, a key outlet and delivery of ammunition, effectively off before the break. A referee who was determined to give talking points at half-time, as if the fixture needed any more of those.

Add in to all that the mental blow of another late Man City winner just 24 hours previous, effectively ending the Reds’ Premier League hopes—oh, and the small matter of needing to overturn a 3-0 deficit.

And all of this, against Barcelona, Luis Suarez, Philippe Coutinho and Lionel Messi. On the counter-attack alone, those names tend to guarantee a goal.

Liverpool needed to be perfect in almost every regard, and, against all odds, were.

7 Likes

So fkn nervous for Ajax tomorrow.

CMON AJAX

1 Like

After the first game I was convinced Barcelona was the best team in the world with great supporters.

Last night I was watching the game with Mrs Fox and three other Ladies in a bar at Sitges near Barcelona. Liverpool are now the best, and Barca supporters are the worst losers ever. It was not safe on the streets last night as angry drunk supporters just went troppo.

7 Likes

I think if roles were reversed you could also say the same of Pool fans. They like a brawl just as much as the next. Under the circumstances of this mornings game I wouldn’t think there would be too many clubs that would have fans who would react differently.

Uefalona fans are the worst. The way they carried on about Neymar leaving when they’ve been doing similar things for years, especially to Arsenal players.

2 Likes

Something about this “Incredible” “Amazing” result, … particularly that last one, … doesn’t sit right with me. Very odd stuff.

What were the odds on a Liverpool win?

LOL

3 Likes

The Barca team bus left Messi behind. It just keeps getting better.

3 Likes

To be fair, I didn’t even know he turned up to Anfield.

No idea of the language, but enjoy the TAA ‘genius’ again.

3 Likes

I’m starting to like them after reading your post.

Nothing to be nervous about mate.

The favourite way is we are being shown the exit door.

However surely it’s more exciting if we get to play The Reds?

Don’t worry he was there. Can assure you he was just completely owned by the Liverpool defenders.

4 Likes
1 Like

Will Salah be fit for the final?

Definitely not, I want to kick back and enjoy the final.

I would assume Salah would be fit. Unless his concussion lingers.

June 1st. Most definitely. Bobby would be 50-50 at this stage.

p.s. Strapping myself in for a flick I haven’t seen as yet. Seems fitting. ‘Make us Dream’ (Steven Gerrard doco).

1 Like