Champions League 2018/19

Thought you went back to sleep!

4 Likes

And I did.
Only to have my phone going off tap that I might want to get back up.

Was mission impossible do you blame me?

1 Like

Fantastic effort by Spurs, unbelievable.

Unfortunately for Man U fans it means liverpool will have 6 champions league titles now

Premature - itā€™s going to be extremely tough as I think spurs match up well against US and will absolutely give us trouble. Personally preferred to play Ajax.

Serious question, Are Spurs going to be bettor off if arry does not play in the final?

An absolutely bonkers 24 hours. Spurs were all over them the last 20. When Llorente headed over in the 4th minute of added time I thought it was done and dusted, but a mix of really poor game management from Ajax, Spursā€™ never say die attitude and a wonderfully worked piece of play for the winner did it. First all English CL Final since Moscow 2008 Chelsea v Man U?

Oh my god!
I went back to bed and thought itā€™ll be farking hilarious if I check my phone and Spurs won 3-2 and I missed it.
Hahaha, wow, umā€¦ wtf?!

1 Like

How insane has this CL been? From Man Utdā€™s comeback to the City/Spurs game to these two gamesā€¦ just wow.

Well done, Spurs! Amazing 2 days of CL comebacks.

This was the TRUE miracle in Amsterdam.

Coys

Spurs cost me more sleep than anything else in life.
It is funny I tried to steal 45 minutes back on them in the clubs greatest modern day moment.
Have a couple of Pool mates at work with similar stories who didnā€™t even get up yesterday because they thought it ainā€™t happening.

At half time I couldnā€™t see it happening and it was breaking my heart.
Like I said my phone was going bat ā– ā– ā– ā–  crazy after the 1st and after I put it back on bang the 2nd went in.
All up I missed like 10 mins.

4 Likes

Well done to Spurs should be a great final

1 Like

Would of liked to have seen the look on your face.

Harry is almost always very rusty when coming back from an injury.

The whole thing was surreal. I had just woken up and was bleary eyed and doing the whole comical rubbing eyes double-take thing, haha.

1 Like

Massive congrats to the die-hard Spurs fans in here. Iā€™ve just been a passerby fan for many years, checking in from time to time but too occupied to fully commit. Since the World Cup and my son starting to play soccer Iā€™ve gone all in again, watching the majority of Spurs games this season.
This is exciting enough for me, I can only imagine how mind-blowing and satisfying it is for you guys. COYS!

1 Like

As you know following Spurs is like following Essington! Played like ā– ā– ā– ā–  in the Premier League for the past 6 weeks and now in the CL final - totally unbelievable.

4 Likes

Congrats to @mrjez @Sammy_Hagar @fogdog and all the other Spurs supporters in here. Second miraculous win in 24 hours in the CL. An all English final, which I was hoping for. The banter in here promises to be great fun. May the best team win.

p.s. For all the Pool supporters and interested others, I watched a very good doco last evening called ā€˜Make Us Dreamā€™ on Stevie Gā€™s incredible career - the highs and lows. What a champion that bloke is. Highly recommend.

8 Likes

Not sure the city of Madrid has realised what it had got itself into. One way or another there is a fair chance that regardless of the result the city will get turned over

1 Like

What a fā€™ing great advertisement for football the last 24hrs have been! I was watching the last 20min of todayā€™s game in our cafe and when Mouraā€™s last second kick went in about 20 people (all Americans and only one of them a Spurs fan) starting whooping and hollering. Insane!

Speaking of insane, canā€™t fathom why the whistle did not blow immediately after the Spurs goal? It was right on 5min! Imagine if Ajax had managed to score!

2 Likes