Champions League 2018/19

I do, but the club is still English. It is based in England, plays its home games in England and a large chunk of its membership base is in England as well so yeah, it is English.

4 Likes

So, by my reckoningā€¦
The top 4 (City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs) will go to CL group stage next season, regardless who wins the CL final.
If Arsenal win the EL final, then they also go to CL group stage.
If Arsenal lose and City wins the FA cup final, then Arsenal and MU go to EL group stage, Wolves go to EL qualifying.
If Watford win the FA cup, then they and Arsenal go to EL group stage and MU go to EL qualifying.

Can someone confirm if thatā€™s correct?

Spot on by my reckoning

Wolves arenā€™t in the FA Cup final so would it be Watford getting the spot?

1 Like

Sorry, if Watford win the FA Cup they are in the EL but if City win then Wolves qualify as 7th placed EPL side

Oops, my mistake too. Somehow I thought Wolves was in the FA cup final. Iā€™ve edited my previous reply.

Welcome to 1980, everybodyā€¦

All clubs have to have 8 ā€œhome grownā€ players in their squads, but thatā€™s all.

1 Like

Spurs and Liverpool fans only allocated 33,000 tickets between them in a 68k capacity ground.
Chelsea and Arsenal only allocated 12,500 tickets to a 68k capacity in Baku

Only Wolves and Man City have both beaten all 4 finalists this season. Pretty chuffed with that :wink:

Apparently UEFA officials are seeking to have Man City banned from the Champions League for fraudulent behaviour and lying to investigators about financial fair play rules.

3 Likes

Letā€™s see if it really happens, I donā€™t think UEFA have the guts to do it. Thereā€™s been threats in the past as well with various teams and nothing has happened.

Can they get a points deduction for the most recently completed PL season? Happy with 3 points, nothing majorā€¦

4 Likes

Wont happen. All talk

1 Like

I will believe it when I see the sanctions happen. Been a lot of talk and nothing has been done to curb it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m heading out for the final.
5am is a terrible time but itā€™s Saturday night/Sunday morning and have Monday off.
Anyone recommend a good pub to watch it?
Used to go out a truckload about a decade ago however these days tend to watch big sporting events at home.
My Liverpool mates are heading to The Imperial.
Already decided we canā€™t watch it together.

2 points would be enough. Just call the Brighton game a draw and let this play in Champions League next year.

2 Likes

1 Like

Well when I went to Imperial to watch the last round, they had a private viewing room upstairs for City supporters. I found out after going upstairs to see if the rooftop area was open and what else there was as I had never been to Imperial before. There was security immediately before this area and I was asked who I support. When I told him who I support, he basically told me to fark off and get back downstairs.:joy:

Iā€™m not sure whether Imperial organised this or a city supporters group booked the room though but there was a sign up that perhaps suggested it had been booked.

1 Like

Watching the Cantonese news channel in HK and despite my Cantonese being fairly ordinary it seems like Griezmann has left Atletico and is heading to Barca.

This is good news for clubs with world class players that Barca might be chasing. Probably doesnā€™t impact mid table strugglers much.