Champions League 2019/20

2 Likes

Opposition wasn’t much chop but a better performance by United in the EL today. Score flattered Partizan in the end. We are the only side not to have conceded in a goal in the EL.
Pretty good day for the British sides with Celtic beating Lazio in Rome and Rangers defeating Porto. Wolves with a late winner aswell so looks like all 5 British sides will get through

Manu looked positively pretty at times. It was a very good game by them. Props to the gaffer too. He’s copped a lot lately, but he might be able to build something if he does get time.

1 Like

Real take a 2-0 lead and then give up 2 in 2 min to PSG. End with a draw which, given their dominance, really should have been a 5-2 win but Navas (love that guy) was a colossus for PSG.

In anycase we have qualified for the last-16.

In other news Spurs win 4-2 despite going 0-2 down. Mou magic?

To be fair Spurs should crush Olympiacos every day of the week!
Greek football is embarrassingly poor, they are a minnow league.
Apart from that shock result against Bayern in a period where they were struggling in all comps Spurs have pretty much cruised through this group and who knows how far they can go with Jose

With top 4 hopes lowered, they should go all in on FA Cup and Champions League this season. Even snare 5th in the PL and chase Europa for some silverware next year.

Mourinho’s gone soft
 all huggy and apologetic.

Spurs to win Champions League :slight_smile:

Check out this quiz! I went to town on these quizzes last night even though I was hopeless at them. Enjoy! How many can you get? Who is our CL champ?

Arsenal being outplayed at home by Frankfurt in front of one of the smallest crowds seen at the Emirates in a long time.

Emery surely to be sacked.

I got about half but I can’t spell names!

That’s a board sacking scenario
 well at least it should be. Contrast Spurs getting Mourinho 5 months after making the Champions league final with Arsenal treading water with Emery for 2 yrs

We aren’t trading water, we have gone backwards.

1 Like

Emery out

1 Like

Surely they have to go for Poch?

1 Like

If they aren’t on the phone they should be.

2 Likes

Wasn’t the Arsenal game a dead rubber?

Sort of.

We go through to knockouts but we may be seeded 2 from our group now.

Wolves qualify for the next round. I’m wrapped as is the feeling of wolves fans in general. Hopefully we can have abit of a run now and go abit deeper into the tournament.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.radiotimes.com/news/sport/2019-11-29/wolves-europa-league-2019-2020/amp/

1 Like

The Champions of Europe have all but booked their place in the last 16, currently 2-0 ahead away at RB Salzburg in the closing stages of that match. Despite a tense first half with both sides having chances to break the deadlock, Liverpool have been had far the better of the 2nd half with goals from Keita (2 in 2) and Salah within the space of a minute.

1 Like