Champions League 2022/23

3 Likes

So happy I can hang out in here for a few weeks.

Some ripper groups in there… not bad for a backseat tourney to the Europa League

Oh well at least Rangers made it. I would not expect them to get a point from that group.

I think that they’ll at least get one win at home, possibly two. I think they’ll get third

I’d be surprised if they got more than a couple of points in the whole group stage and can’t see them not finishing bottom of the group. They are serious trash

2 Likes

So who’s group of death?

C will be interesting

C for me.

Milan have drawn a great group. Outside of the rent boys, we should make it through

Dinamo Zagreb for the win!!!

Barcelona and Inter in the same group for the 63rd year in a row

Chelsea go down first up, City and Real win big, Leipzig spanked at home, PSG get past Juventus at home.

Seems like Celtic gave a good account of themselves but didn’t take their chances, class of Real came through.

1 Like

Yeah my Bhoys played their way but jeez that extra class showed in the second half. Vini Jr just too silky. Mendy is a class defender, and Modric doesn’t look like slowing down.

We were given a slice of luck when Benzema went off injured, but they brought on Hazard. And we thought we batted deep!

2 Likes

@Engulfma I actually thought Hazard changed the game when he came on. Had a hand (or foot as it were) in each of the three goals. Not to criticise Benzema, but Hazard just looked sharper. Wonder if Benzema went in carrying an injury?

Maeda should have scored. He’d probably nail that volley 8 times out of 10. McGregor’s poster was probably an inch away from deflecting in, and Abada will say he could have hit his chance better too.

Still, we created chances, played well and the crowd was phenomenal. Score first and it’s a different game. Never wanna be chasing the game against Real.

1 Like

Liverpool 3-0 down at HT in Napoli

Richarlison heads 2 late, Spurs’ only shots on target against 10-men Marseille. Both really nicely taken.

Liverpool ripped a new one by Napoli. Napoli could’ve easily scored 7+

Napolis Georgian winger, bought for $8m recently and to replace Lorenzo Insigne looks to be a future star

Spurs turned over by Sporting who got two goals after 90. Just not clinical enough so far this season and finally getting punished for it.

Liverpool rebound with a 2-1 win at Anfield against Ajax. The Reds were much improved and should’ve had the result beyond doubt well before Matip’s 89th minute header. Salah opened the scoring only to have his goal cancelled out by Kudus with a venomous shot in off the underside of the crossbar at the Kop end. Next 2 fixtures against Rangers, must take maximum points from both to ensure safe passage through to the knockout stages…

2 Likes