Changes for ANZAC Day vs Pies

And we were shot on a 6 day break after playing in an exhausting downpour.

Point was when the players applied themselves they matched the best side in the comp on form… Just not for very long.

zaharakis is one of those, brilliant last year, struggling so far this season.

huge game for the club, and the boys.

Mini final

2 Likes

AFL website say Daniel Wells likely to return…

40 possessions, 3 goals and the ANZAC Medal confirmed

5 Likes

17 touches, 1 tackle 1 mark in vfl. Impossible not to pick him…

3 Likes

Out: The pathetic self-flagellation of the whiny posters on here who continually barrack for the opposing side. Why the hell do you call yourself Essendon supporters?

In: ANZAC Spirit

18 Likes

Bring Him In Fest 2017

2 Likes

I think it’s been the clear absence of said spirit that has led to the pessimism. Most of the posts are ofcourse just nervous energy but Essington is a reputation well earned unfortunately.

Showers, maybe rain Tuesday.

If so, will we adapt better than recently? Bl00dy hope so.

Collingwood will love the rain… Kicking it long, scrub kicks off the ground, hard in an under is all they do… even on a sunny day.

It is rains we are boned.

Highly unlikely it will rain. Showers are not the deluge Essendon experienced against Carlton.

Carlton played well because their short kicking game suited the conditions. Not sure short kicking is Collingwoods go anyway?

What does concern is the fact Collingwood have heaps of I50 entries + Wells is the master at delivering quality passes into the F50. If Collingwood start converting all those chances Essendon are in trouble.

Mind you, they’ve been ordinary this year and were lucky to win against the Swans. Will 1 player make that much of a difference?

Who ever we bring in is going to make ALL the difference

1 Like

I’d love to know what you’re basing that on? Computer modelling I’m looking at suggesting ~30mm to Tuesday night… That’s not a few passing showers.

http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/melbourne.shtml?ref=hdr

2 Likes

I hope that proves correct. It’s very much at odds with the BOM’s (and U.S) own computer modelling. Although this far out these things are a long way from reliable as I understand.

Opening bounce, Adams sharks Leunbergers tap and handballs it to Wells who bursts away and pin points a 50m to Moore on the lead who duly slots it. Queue the media “experts” wanking “that’s what they got him for, worth every cent”

Fast forward 10 mins, pies kick out from Joe Daniher behind, work there way through the Essendon zone and balls end up in Wells hands in space who duly goes on a run and drills it from 50m as half the crowd go nuts and the pies players pile on wells to congratulate him. Thus beginning of the end of Essendons afternoon and season.

12 Likes

Tell me I’m not the only one envisaging the above

3 Likes

Wells is garbage.

I’m far more worried about Mayne kicking 10 on Hurley.

3 Likes