Changes for ANZAC Day vs Pies

Sounds like you’re describing Essendons form

resting Watson on anzac day? Bold

1 Like

not if he’s at all sore or not quite 100%. Given the 4 day break to Melbourne I’d have thought resting a guy who’s not quite right would actually be a pretty obvious decision.

Not rested. Out for soreness/injury.

Hate to say it but Jobe was a liability against Crows. And near on useless in last quarter.

Had 15 possessions/2 tackles vs his opposition inside mids - Slone 32/9 and Crouch 31/4.

If he isn’t able to provide enough attacking drive by winning ball, enough pressure to opposition or run out games effectively because still hampered via soreness or even a strain then he can’t play regardless of the occasion.

Fresh legs have to be picked ahead of him.

Langford has been training with mids all preseason and been earmarked for an inside mid role for the Watson transition out of team. Might be opportunity here to do so, even if it’s just a week.

2 Likes

i really hope they practice with a wet ball unlike prior to the Carlton game

Soggy balls for everyone!

1 Like

meh, never mind the wet footy’s, just bring some pressure and intensity at the contest. If we let them free wheel in the midfield like we did against Adelaide we’ll get cut to pieces regardless of the conditions.

1 Like

I suspect there will be minimal changes this week so perhaps only McNeice for Mckenna. I think the Melbourne game will see several changes with the short break and what sounds like another wet slog coming up.
I think Francis will come in for Melbourne.

I seriously want us to be 5 goals up at qtr time, and win by 10.

This is the kind of win that can instill the necessary self belief to carry us through to possibly snag a finals spot.

I want McNeice to debut and claim that spot and keep it.

I want Stewart or Franga to come in and fk tear it up, give us a magical Anzac Day moment.

And Zaka, “be consistent son,be consistent”.

Wulla and Fanta and Colyer to run rings.

I want it to be spectacular.

Alas, I have so far to fall again should we lose.

3 Likes

Sometimes in life there’s a significant gap between what we want and what is reality or what we actually receive.

3 Likes

Ah so…

No one needs a fkn rest at round 5 after a 10 day break. Fmd

10 Likes

■■■■■■■ this.

Mustn’t grumble.

1 Like

except the ones that do. maybe guys that have played their first 4 games in 18mths+

1 Like

Players weren’t the issue, it was the game plan.

Exactly. If you were going to rest Watson, last week was the time to do it, not now.

im thinking woosha is going to throw a curve ball and select him on saturday

2 Likes

They are professional athletes who have played footy their whole lives. They still maintained fitness whilst off, and all completed a normal pre season. It’s a bad excuse for losing, about as good as blaming umpires

If they need a rest after 4 weeks, sack our fitness staff.

2 Likes

Im thinking McNeice is in to replace McKenna, hope he is as have traded him into my dream team this week.