Changes for Dogs - the speculation thread

IN: JOEDAN

ITS TIME

4 Likes

IN: BIEBER

(matt guelfi)

2 Likes

Laverde does everything he needs to do. He is playing as our main target most of the time and should be 3rd with a 3rd defender. He stays in.

Only Shiel out will be a change if it occurs.

Would love Cahill in. Kids a jet

We are hurting with no Shiel and Stringer for the dogs…

That is quality cattle in our midfield rotations.

Langford to Bont?

3 Likes

I need to watch the game again. Didn’t notice him in the middle as much in the second half.

Stewart has had one seconds game, can’t see them rushing him in. Hibberd was pretty bad with the fumbles all night, and dropped an absolute sitter that almost killed us with a goal. Francis can be a target up forward if needed and is just more verstaile than Gleeson. Cahill gets his chance after impressive seconds form.

OUT: Hibberd, Gleeson, Shiel (susp)
IN: Redman, Francis, Cahill

9 Likes

Metricon at night wouldn’t be where I would bring him in.

Hopefully its a Saturday arvo at the Gabba.

1 Like

What are your plans for replacing Shiel’s midfield time?
Zaka and Lang in there more?

1 Like

I actually feel these slippery nights are working in our favour. Not sure the dogs will enjoy the slippery conditions next Friday night.

1 Like

I think Cahill demanded a spot with some great work in the scratch matches recently didn’t he?

Francis or Redman might nudge back in…

Stewart if he has a bit of touch would be needed.

Francis & Redman in the middle

1 Like

This almost feels like a free hit (to me)

Don’t expect us to win. Haven’t beaten them since 2014 (I think?).

And know that after the game we will have Shiel, possibly Stewart and (outside chance) Daniher and Draper available.

Very interested to see what team we play this week.

1 Like

We don’t have anyone that can really replace him.
But Parish, McGrath and Zerrett get primetime, Langford too steps in as needed with Ham and McKenna getting wing time along with Fantasia. I’d put Tippa in some more bounces and even Snelling.

5 Likes

Real shame there is no VFL form to look at. These scratch matches are like training runs.

2 Likes

The cupboard is bare for midfield options and Hibberd is pretty ordinary. I’m not a big Clarke fan but he is one of the few options we have available and might be ok on Bont until he pushes forward. This also allows Langford to play a more attacking attacking role. Its either that or bring in another small forward and push Zaharakis into the rotation. It’s going to be a tough selection.

4 Likes

This

1 Like

How does Francis fit in? On tonight’s effort I’d have him instead of Smack but it won’t happen
Slippery Metricon might keep him out again which is a shame as he has done little wrong. He could play Lavs role but Lav did okay. Nice problem to have.
In: Redman for Gleeson.
Wait and see on Shiel and Dev
Cahill for Dev if needed.
Guelfi for Hibberd

How good would it be if we brought in Cahill and Mozzie to play forward, then played Tippa and Snelling In the middle.

1 Like

Clarke is banned from playing the Dogs ever again after what happened last year in that 100 point loss. He was utterly abysmal. I’d rather Guefli.

1 Like