Speculation about changes for Dream Time v The Tigs

So no Ambrose… Can he take a Martin when he rests forward or a Caddy?

Ins: Elite kicking.
Outs: ■■■■ kicking.
If we can take our chances in front of goal we are in with a chance.

I’d expect Ambrose to take Lynch especially when he’s leading up the ground- yesterday reminded me that Lynch isn’t actually a strong pack mark for his size.
Hooker can double team him when the ball comes in high and otherwise take Balta or their other ruck deep.
Hurley takes Martin or Caddy

So Tigers points against isn’t that great this year. Nowhere near the GWS, Collingwood, Geelong level.

I actually have no idea what we’ll do this week in terms of Brown/Smack.

If we go with either, it’ll likely be at the expense of Begley IMO. I can’t see them dropping Francis and Baguley is the other option to make way - I think his experience might keep him in against a strong Richmond backline, though.

If it’s down to Smack and Brown (with Laverde the other option), I think Brown gets the nod. Mainly because he’s missed less footy and has been able to better maintain his fitness levels. Smack does offer a chop out in the ruck, but this is probably the one week where it’s less needed anyway.

I’m expecting Stringer to spend a bit more time around the ball, working over Martin as he did against Fyfe on the weekend.

Interesting if we roll with a Daniher/Francis/Brown type forward line, with Stringer rotating through there at times and Walla/Baguley/Guelfi/Parish as the smaller pressure types.

As always, it’ll be down to who can win it in the midfield. Martin and Ellis are back in form, Prestia is having a great year and Lambert always flies under the radar. They’ll get Rioli back this week and we really need a strong defensive job on Vlaustin, who is crucial for them.

If we can win it in the midfield and put some work into Vlaustin/Houli, we can pinch this one. We’re also gonna have to be prepared to run our absolute guts out.

5 Likes

I think we will keep McNeice.

Richmond have so many dangerous small forwards already and Rioli will be back

1 Like

Given that Laverde probably needs another week in the VFL, we should go in unchanged for once.

Decent 7 day break… Smack and Brown should get 1 game in the VFL too to get their touch back

2 Likes

Why not, we seem to have a few options for Martin, what about Guelfi ?

1 Like

I honestly dont see how people are considering against the Tigers of all teams bringing in another tall forward for one of our more ground level pressure players in Begley (it’s him, TIPPA & Bags at present).

Doubt they’d risk Smack off such a serious hammy straight into AFL side but if Brown is ready to go it’s Francis out IMO.

Yes Francis had improved numbers (15 pos, 6marks, 1 goal) but Brown as we saw earlier in year is capable of double that output.

With Tigers pressure we are going to need another hard running game from him to be an outlet up the wings etc. And also someone consistently resetting his postion at half forward to contest.

Begley didn’t have a huge impact on Saturday, it was first senior game back however but had he kicked straight would have been ok game. With Raz & Smith out, and Moz not ready he needs to play.

2 Likes

Probably correct. I think he needs a token game this year for some pre season motivation. Maybe Carlton or Gold Coast would be better.

I say it most weeks but wish we would play a tagger.

Once again look at DeBoer nullify Cripps.

Shut down Dusty this week.

1 Like

Guelfi tags Martin. Like it alot.

4 Likes

Honestly think our best chance is actually Hooker forward. We’ve seen how Mason Cox, Jeremy Cameron and Aaron Naughton have destroyed their backline in recent times.

When Hooker was sent forward late last year against them he kicked 3 goals and destroyed them.

Astbury or Grimes would otherwise destroy us with our rubbish forward entries but having Hooker their gives us massive presence and he won’t be outmarked.

Francis can go back and take Balta.

3 Likes

Out: Langford
In: Myers

Just for sh1ts and giggles!

1 Like

If Hooker didn’t go forward when Zac Clarke was our only other option, he ain’t going forward now.

Personally, I think our backline has barely skipped a beat since his return. If we can avoid stupid turnovers (big if!) I think the Tigers will find the going tough.

No changes for mine

2 Likes

This week that would make sense.
Team won and it was even across the side.

nope

out: parish
in: myers

nope nope

out: Shiel (managed)
in: myers

1 Like

Yep, if you can find suitable replacements for McNeice or Baguley then they could probably go based on performance. And that’s only if you wanted to see what someone new could do.