Speculation about changes for Dream Time v The Tigs

Ah yes, the annual hype thread for bringing in the indigenous lads for the Dreamtime game like the never times we’ve done it before.

I’m firmly in the Brown over Smack camp. Brown works up the ground while Smack stays put, and a static forward line has been our worst enemy this year.

If Lynch goes out then maaaaybe look at Hooker forward for a bit. Francis must play back.

All irrelevant, as Richmond are going to score minimum 12 goals from midfield turnovers.

2 Likes

I hope we play smart footy. I for one hate the zone footy we play. I would love to see some 1:1 contests all over the ground. The zone is the reason teams are able to score easily against us on the counter attack. Also the reason that we can’t keep the ball in the forward line once we get it in there.

I believe Daniel Rioli played well in the VFL this week so I imagine he’ll be back in.

When’s Smith ready?

And I’d play brown over smack given the type of injury.

Fark Richmond

1 Like

Mozzie or Ham for mine, Richmond are quick and run both ways, no Myers or anyone returning from injury as they we’ll be a liability.

1 Like

No chance Lynch misses for that. Nowhere near enough contact, even though it’s miles off the ball.

Mcneice out, Francis back.

Going by the thread guessing Brown is definitely fit to go?

In: brown
Out: mcneice

1 Like

He is due back this week and because it’s just been a wrist injury his fitness should be 100%.

Are Blitzers trolling when they propose dropping a small (McNeice) in order to accomodate another tall ?
Have you people watched either of Richmonds last 2 games ?
They are lightning quick all over the ground.
Even a big strong lad like Balta is very, very slick.

They have recently introduced Balta, Stack, Baker, and Bolton has found some senior continuity.
Some of these guys are keeping Premiership players Butler and Rioli out of the side.
If anything, they likely get quicker for Dreamtime.

Please stop saying…“McNeice OUT, Francis goes back so that Brown or Smack can play forward”
It’s asinine and ignorant !!!

9 Likes

Won’t matter the ins & outs. Richmond will belt us by 8+ goals even with half a side, they’re so far ahead of us in a mindset sense it’s just not funny. Their players buy in unconditionally, doesn’t matter the personnel. That’s where we need to get to in order to compete with the best.

22 Likes

Nuh I think we should listen to Scott Cummings and drop Merrett because if no one passes it to him he wouldn’t get near it…:crazy_face:

2 Likes

Ins: Brown
Out: Baguley

I feel Begley will be able to play Baguleys role. Begs also has more strings to his bow as a forward.

If they insist on bringing Myers back then be it for McNeice. Would get the same output from both players.

All I got from this post is bltn wants mcneice out

2 Likes

I’ve said it a few times, but i think that is one of our biggest problems atm that they turn on defensive mode too quickly, but our version of defensive mode is just all our midfield turning and running back to no where other than to mark a patch of grass they can’t even make it to, so they don’t affect the contest in the middle of the ground and they don’t make it back to help the defenders.

but i reckon you’re right, it’ll be over by qtr time, richmonds pressure will just destroy them as always.

Anyone saying Baguley stays in for his pressure, he had 1 tackle on Saturday. Not sure that screams pressure

2 Likes

Just booked our tickets, two Humbles will be down to this game.

Couldnt see us get a win in Sydney, so now are swapping to Melbourne.

We will smash them, us by 2 pts.

3 dodgy free kicks in the last 3 mins result in 3 goals to the Tiggers.

3 Likes

Out McNeice
In Ridley

Out : Begley
In: Brown

Both players are mobile and very good kicks. Relatively quick & can both play back or forward.

McNeice although quick doesn’t get the ball.
Begley needs time in the twos to get his kicking right.

Brown should slot right in & play opposite side of Francis.

With Brown, Daniher, Francis & Stringer we may be able to mark the ball inside 50 and make use of the huge number of inside 50’s we can generate.

Ridley can play tall or small & is a clear upgrade on McNeice, plus can also play forward.

Do it Woosha - you know you want too!

Out: Begley, Bagley, Bogley, Bugley and Bigley.

7 Likes