Speculation about changes for Dream Time v The Tigs

Outs: Parish, Langford, Francis, Redman

Ins: Myers, Myers, Myers, Myers

Like Anzac Day, I dread going to the Dreamtime game. Actually, I struggle with this game more than AD. I guess because we havenā€™t beaten them in the last 9, and Essendonā€™s efforts have generally been so poor against them. Given the heat and skill Richmond bring to the table, Essendon wonā€™t be able to match them and will, in all likelihood lose by 6ā€¦ goals that is and consign the club to yet another failed season.

6 Likes

To be anywhere nears the 8, we need to win all our games before the bye. Or forget it.
As per usual our percentage is down and that also needs to go up, up, up.

Soldo offered a weekā€¦handy for us.

2 Likes

I guess that is handy but I reckon playing Balta as number 1 ruck could work against us given his athleticismā€¦ heā€™s not the type of ruck Belly would enjoy coming up against

2 Likes

Thats massive! Means Balta will be their number 1 ruck.

Yep agreed.

Balta will destroy us on the spread given his athleticism. But at 196cm only & with minimal ruck experience Belly should have the advantage in the ruck contests themselves.

I reckon Tom Lynch got lucky as well for punching Sicily. Werenā€™t the AFL supposedly cracking down on punches to the stomach?

6 Likes

Yeah Iā€™d like to think that Belly has enough experience to know how to beat ruckmen like Balta with barely any experience. Tigers could bring in Maribor Chol (if heā€™s still on their list?)

Only other option is Callum Coleman-Jones. Was pick 20 in national draft in 2017. Is 20 years old and 200cm. Never heard of him other than looking that up on the AFL app

Richmond are one of the best teams at scoring from half back in the comp.

We need as much speed as we can find on the half forward line to shut that ā– ā– ā– ā–  down

Bringing in a extra tall is not a great idea

2 Likes

Collingwood and the Dogs each destroyed Richmond. Woosha loves his ā€œlearningsā€, I would be watching the tapes from those games to see how it can be done.

3 Likes

Hmm itā€™sa tough a one. How many quick small fwd do Richmond have? I think we are to tall back with frang, hurls and hooksy. And to tall fwd with string, brown, jd, franga.

All I know is I donā€™t want frang to be dropped.

1 Like

Not if that team plays Essendon next week.

Iā€™m loving how Guelfi and Redman arenā€™t even up for discussion in this thread, thatā€™s when you know weā€™ve found a couple of players.

6 Likes

You must be a real blast at parties !

3 Likes

Guelfi has been most weeks this season because he has been inconsistent

Way to kill the vibeā€¦ man.

1 Like

WTF ?
We have lost more games than we have won, so theoretically our % should be below 100ā€¦it isnā€™t !

We have a better percentage than many of the teams around us, and weā€™re only a few goals behind teams who are 6 and 3 !

6 Likes

We all agree they are quick but watch what happens to the Blitz when Woosha names Myers and M Brown