Changes for Dreamtime at the 'G

Who should play on Dusty?

well we wont tag him cause we don’t tag. So I guess one of Heppell/Goddard will go to him at stoppages. Not sure who gets him forward… Maybe Pops? Has the experience but in reality Dusty beats just about anyone he plays on when he goes forward. Limit the supply is priority one.

Why do people always assume that it was the opposition being ■■■■ rather than their own team being quite good?

We just smashed West Coast at the contest - that’s all it was.

4 Likes

Because “west coast can’t travel” is a sexier headline.

But you’re 100% correct. It was as unequivocal a flogging of a side in the tough stuff as you’ll see.

1 Like

It was beautiful… really really beautiful to watch.

If the ball came into their forward half more and our midfield wasn’t killing theirs. He would have kicked 10

IN: Ruthless, hard tackling Essendon
OUT: Anyone who doesn’t want to shove it right down Richmond’ throat

1 Like

Yes, because he is a great forward. That is no argument against what I said

This game is bigger for us. At this point GWS is a class above us and we won’t catch them by the end of the year, Richmond is a much more gettable target so I wouldn’t be “managing” anyone. Keep in mind alot of them were managed during the 3 week stint of ANZAC day to the Freo game.

Only change I would make is (if fit)
Out: Hartley
In: Ambrose

3 Likes

We really need this, as I doubt we’ll beat gws. Vital game in such a even competition

2 Likes

If you’re gonna play GWS, now isn’t a bad time. They are just going, got a lengthy injury list. Still obviously a good team but they can be got. But Saturday is massive and we have to take care of business.

4 Likes

Need to beat Richmond and move a game clear of them. This game is massive and if we come with the same intensity as the last 2 weeks they wont get within 6 goals. But if we go half arsed and don’t adjust our gameplay if things go against what we want them we’ll be in trouble

2 Likes

We bring that pressure and intensity we’ll beat most.

3 Likes

If we can even the inside 50 count we’ll win. We’ve been getting flogged in this stat all year and still just lost by 1 to WCE. Our forwardline is the most dangerous in the league, we just need our midfield to come to the party.

Pretty sure we score higher when inside 50 than most teams. Last year we had a high inside 50 count and could not score when in there.

Yeah which is the point I’m making, if we can actually get it in there enough times we’re extremely dangerous. Although quality over quantity, I guess.

1 Like

We’re actually number 1 for efficiency inside 50 :raised_hands:

7 Likes

I’m much more concerned about Sydney in 4 weeks than GWS in 2.

They have the capacity to shut down our run on the narrow SCG, although you wouldn’t expect Jones to run off with liberty if Tippa or Raz are lined up on him.

3 Likes

Isn’t the scg nearly as wide as the g just ■■■■■■ short?

Thats what I understood it to be, quite wide. It was also increased in length by several metres when they rebuild the Noble/Bradman stands a few years ago.