Changes for Dreamtime at the 'G

Considering Woosha is making a deal about tackling and physical pressure being a statement about “what we want to be”, seems like this is a key outcome that he is looking for, week in, week out.

1 Like

Agreed nickh32.

If Ambrose is fit, I’ll change him for Myers.
Otherwise no change…

We’ve gone from the worst forward line in the game to arguably the best. Lol

9 Likes

Adelaide still the best.

But I’d back us in to be clear 2nd.

1 Like

Its a really good balance.
You have 3 quick foewsrs who love a goal (well 2 who won’t even handpass to save their mother and then you have tippa)
The talls:
A guy who clunks it, gives his all, creates contests but doesn’t really have a fully developed forward brain
A guy who does have a forwards brain and a great kick for goal
And Joe.
Of those 3, only hooker is slow but still good enough for his size.

If we can give them decent supply we’ll be fine.

1 Like

I do expect a game some time in our near future to turn into a Hooker clunk fest.

It’s coming.

6 Likes

I agree. They started sticking on Sunday, it’s not far away.

I reckon 3 foewsrs are too many, 2 would be ample

1 Like

So we need to be grounded and take the TVSC bathwater off the lunch menu ?

For a guy with no forward brain hooker sure did lead well in Sunday

2 Likes

We are a good team, as shown by R1, ANZAC day, and the last 2 weeks. We have also had our lapses, Caaarlton and Melbourne. We are a work in progress, and are building towards something a bit special. Form is fleeting, make the most of it while you can, and just enjoy the good performances.

1 Like

Long may be a sneaky chance I reckon, was listed in the bests on the weekend and in the pushing for selection on the website. Would play out of his skin in this game if he got a run too I reckon

2 Likes

I’d be fairly stunned if the only change, if any, wasn’t Ambrose for Hartley.

Playing Long after one good game might be a bit odd…and we’d have to promote him.

Can’t see Ambrose for Myers because it throws the balance out of whack. You don’t replace a mid with a tall defender.

4 Likes

I think you could get away with it by pushing Kelly/McGrath into the midfield more

Bags Ambrose Hurley
Conor Hartley Dea

McGrath hepp colyer
Luey zerret zaha

Fanta JD tippa
Green hooker stewart

Kelly, jobe, bj, parish

That said, i’m pretty comfortable with no change and tigers have a short forward line so probably not the week for such a tall backline

I wouldn’t have put Long in the bests on the weekend. Played a pretty good second half, but did squat in the first. And was quite worrying in his inability to stick a tackle. Bests in the magoos are quite often an encouragement tool as much as an actual reality. Still has a way to go. And what he needs more than anything else is some consistency.

Agree though that he’d certainly try and put in his best for this game.

He does have a forwards brain, but he is still learning the trade. Doing exceptionally well as well

Wasn’t it the first notable game he’s produced all season and pre-season?

Maybe if sheeds was still coaching. Who would you drop for Long?

and which one of the surplus defenders goes into the inside mid rotations? Dea? Hartley?