Changes for Dreamtime at the 'G

Surely Hurley plays on Jack?

If we bring the sort of pressure from Sunday, guys like Grimes and Houli will absolutely ■■■■■ themselves, even moreso than usual. Hopefully Grimes ducks into someones elbow.

3 Likes

Well said. Their form is better than their 0-4 last month suggests. Could easily have been 8-1.

1 Like

NO changes. All the players from yesterday deserve their spots. That was the most cohesive team win we’ve had for YEARS!

I wouldn’t be all that surprised that if Woosha wants to bring Ambo in or give The Bird or The Langford a shot, that he gives a spell to Kel or BJ. a long season yet to come and even with the bye soon - still won’t surprise me.
I doubt he’ll give up on speed - so Colyer, Connor will be in.
Myers won’t be dropped. He adds alot in the contest - there were quite a few instances where he held up ion a tackle or kept the opp player off the ball for that extra split second - doesn’t show in the stats - but was instrumental in holding the ball up, mitigating damage the other way, and also taking a bit of pressure of Jobe and Hepps from being crunched the whole time in and under.

2 Likes

Kelly had a rest 3 weeks ago, hardly think he’s due for another one.

Like us… two go-missings against spud teams and one big reversal.

4 Likes

You’re correct - I was at the ground and he didn’t stop running.

Having said that, he wasn’t as clean as he usually is and he didn’t quite look at his best. He doesn’t “deserve” a rest I suppose, but I watched The Langford on Saturday and he was awesome. Really I’m just trying to find a way to get The L into the ones, and maybe Parish would be the one to miss.

Not a like for like change. Stewart will be rewarded with more scoreboard results if teams make the mistake of neglecting or even disrespecting him to concentrate more on Hooker or Joe Dan. Langford does not cut as imposing a figure in the forward line. The midfield is a completely separate issue. He will join in those rotations soon enough. We will probably need to make room for Francis in the second half of the season also, somewhere in attack. Then there Laverde to come back, not bad problems to have.

Wouldn’t suprise me to see B.J. be rested this week ala james kelly style so he can play his 300th at etihad vs port adelaide instead of away to GWS! Plus Langford plays a similar style so could come in for him this week

4 Likes

That would be unfair on Parish. To be dropped after a 60 point win, where you collect close to 20 touches and a goal. Only change for mine is Ambrose, but I don’t know who should miss. I think Dea and McKenna are starting to find form and are providing run from the backline. Is Ambrose actually available this week? Make Langford do it over several weeks, selection pressure is a good thing.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Myers rested for Langford.

With Myers’ injury history he shouldn’t be pushed too hard.

If Ambrose is fit then he is a no brainer inclusion for Hartley.

2 Likes

He’s only just getting going

3 Likes

WallaGrabbingDustysArm.gif?

Zero change. Don’t fark a winning formula

2 Likes

Yes and no, freo dismantled them and then fatigued off the back of the stinking hot game they played against us. They were lucky to get close.

Melbourne destroyed them for larger parts of the game but failed to capitalise and the tigers only got back into it because injuries got the better of them.

Against both the dogs and gws they played a stong first quarter against an opponent they caught napping and then got run down. Against the dogs 5 goal to one first quarter followed by 6 goals to 10 for the rest of the game and they finished poorly. Against gws 5 goals to one and then 4 to 10.

Let’s not forget that gws only just fell over the line against the pies. The dogs and gws are both just going at the moment, doing enough.

Their best performance for the year was probably beating WC in the rain. They haven’t turned in a 3 or 4 quarter performance like those we have over the last few weeks.

On paper we should account for them but, Essington

6 Likes

https://giphy.com/gifs/robbie-lawler-qF1igcuFWRLRm

Ambrose in for Hurley.

Out: Stanton, Gleeson

4 Likes