Changes for Elimination Final - Essendon vs Sydney

It can develop into stress fractures. Happened to me exactly “Shin Splints” or hot spot/bone bruising then you keep on it and try and push through the pain, but eventually at night the pain was so bad i couldn’t sleep. Did the check the following day stress fracture in the tibula. Can confirm its fkn painful.

We had them on a plate last time without Chook, and lost by 1 point. That team also did not include Parish or Myers

Hooker said on HARD TAG PODCAST he only needs to prove he can run at full pace before the game and he’ll be in, so I’m not spending any Panic Dollars© yet. Said something like “It’ll be the easiest fitness test ever”.

10 Likes

Good news regarding the ground, Tim Watson got stuck into the Sydney CEO about the state of the ground last time we played and Tom Harley (the new CEO) stated that the ground is in fine condition and are expecting it to be dry.

It could be bs but you can only take people at their word.

6 Likes

I saw that there is story about this on SEN website but when i clicked to read it i got a “Out of Bounds” message.

If you’re on mobile try desktop mode on your phone. I find this a lot of the time on SEN/AFL.

The groundsman at the SCG has a different view. It has been so dry in Sydney that that the ground needs to be watered every week and to encourage root growth, every watering should be deep and conducted overnight each Friday. That gives the ground time to dry out, before they roll the pitch area when they start work on Monday

4 Likes

Should be a CLUNKING test. Who cares about running?

1 Like

5 Likes

Not in the AFL you don’t.

Although at least Watto called it out so if they do water it, everyone will know what’s going on. But in reality they can do whatever they like. There’s no rule against it.

1 Like

Or Rambo

Really like that Watson has put the watering of the SCG on the agenda. When it happens on Saturday evening it may actually be noticed by the rest of the football world.

1 Like

If hooker doesnt play which would be a disaster then either loony comes in and tbell goes forward or smack comes in and we hope like hell he has one of his awesome games

Luey and TBell are banned from playing together much like Bird and Jobe.

4 Likes

When does training wrap up? Anyone there? Eyes please.

Sheeds would play Draper.
Off the rookie list and into a final.
Would suit the “Play the kids” bloc too.

Smack had his usual McNernan game on Sunday- couple of outstanding plays balanced by 50 metre penalties for dissent, arguing with umps while the backs ran it away etc etc.
Basically drew even in scores for and against for the game. St McNernan the Frustrating.

Again, these paltry training reports beg the question - where the hell is Jackie?

1 Like

Hurley and raz completed everything on the track. Good to go

12 Likes

Also, Goddard confirmed he has a contract and will “be there Day 1 of pre season”

10 Likes

BITE THE SHEETS SYDNEY WE’RE GOING IN DRY

22 Likes