Changes for Essendon V. Freo

Just to clarify, I’d start the Guelf on the ground, and let NED be the medical sub.

That would be one way to get him, without worrying that other clubs might take him.

Hopefully he comes back soon and is fully committed. He would boost our claim at playing finals next year.

North say “Hold my beer”.

1 Like

I’m happy to be proven wrong, but, I don’t rate Ham much. Very light, doesn’t cope well in traffic and his diposal can be rushed and erratic. I would like to see Cahill given another run ahead of him, particularly now the backman theory seems to have been reviewed.
Would like to see Bryan in for the next 2 games; but, balance with Wright and Phillips will be an issue.
Hoping Waterman in, if fit, would like to see him get a stretch of consecutive games.
In: Guelfi (forward), Waterman (if fit), Cahill (Medical Sub)
Out: Stringer (Inj), Ham (Omitted)

Is this a legit argument to him coming in? Cos if it is then that’s ridiculous

I wonder if they’ll roll the dice and start using blokes like Cox or Perkins as the sub, as opposed to omitting/resting them altogether. Both are very versatile, so they’d actually make decent sub options anyway IMO.

1 Like

If they need a rest then give them a proper rest. Playing them as a sub means they may potentially play from minute 2 of quarter 1, along with having to prepare to play in case they are needed.

It looks like they will just be played each week, which is great. They are building with eachother and AFL fitness/experience

1 Like

Fark me, you want to replace Ham for Cahill, who is a bigger Squibb and worse user of the ball.

1 Like

That’s LORDO to you.

6 Likes

I feel we do need wins, if anything just to prove to our squad that the hard work and development is heading in the right direction.

1 Like

True, although it’s fairly unlikely for a sub to be activated that early in the game - I guess that’s why I highlighted it as being a bit of a gamble.

IF it pays off though (ie you don’t need to use the sub at all, or they’re only needed for a quarter or so) it still serves as a freshen up for Cox/Perkins, whilst also allowing those on the fringe like Zaharakis to maintain match fitness via the VFL and actually push for selection.

I’m not saying it’s something I think we should absolutely be doing but it’s certainly an option worth considering IMO.

1 Like

Its an option but probably more so if they are on the fringe/not contributing and likely to be cut/need to freshen up. Cox and Perkins are still contributing enough.

I’d give Ham the chop and then put him in the sub role, as he can add some fresh legs late in the game.

Cox must be close to needing a rest, but we are also close to the mid season break.

In Dustin Martins debut season, he only missed 1 game.
He has played 20 or more games in every season. amazing stat.

1 Like

Loving all the new and inexperienced rookies playing AFL this year.

You can’t have everything but I really do wish we could have got 18+ games out of Draper Mozzie & Caldwell and another 12+ from Reid.

Not much we can do but I do hope we give Bryan more opportunity if he is performing like he did on debut. No better opportunity.

1 Like

Please no Ambrose or zacka.

We are trying to move forward as a club not backwards.

Ambrose as a forward has looked bang average in the vfl.

2 Likes

Not once this year have I been ■■■■■■ off about the team selection. Not seeing any tired veterans or cloggers is such a nice change

4 Likes

Ambrose would make a decent medical sub.

2 Likes

Scooter just tweeted this.

This is pretty fantastic. You’d hope if we bring this pressure against Freo, we’d win

24 Likes

What does it mean by overall tackle differential? We’ve had 541 for and 422 against

Come on now. That’s easily worked out.

It’s times like these you need Big Shaq for some quick mafffss

119 / 8 = 14.875 > on average +15 on opponents

3 Likes