Changes for Essendon V. Freo

Out: stringer, Ham, ticketmaster allocated seats

In: guelfi,waterman, members own paid for RESERVED seats back

2 Likes

Guelfi to play mid and tag, i am sick of the oppositions best players getting a free run.

3 Likes

BIG CHUNGUS

IN: waterman

OUT: stringer

Happy for Bryan to come in too even though Phillips was decent

Out: Stringer, Ham
In: Waterman, Guelfi

Straight forward I think. Not writing Ham off but he needs some time in the 2s to sharpen up. I think his effort is there but the constant mistakes and turnovers must have shattered his confidence.

4 Likes

Guelfi played, not so straight forward! :wink:

1 Like

Yep Guelfi comes in, with Stringer going out. He’s earned that.

That part is easy.

Injuries and a bare cupboard make the rest harder.

The lols

We need good signs, we need effort, we need continued improvement, we need development, we need to continue playing youth, we need to do a lot of things

We don’t need wins, we need more really good drafting

2 Likes

He was sub still makes him an In as a starter

2 Likes

Guelfi was dynamic yesterday, but how much of that was because he was the sub? It allowed him to go at 100mph. Also, he’s a much better football when he plays instinctively, rather than being set a defensive task. He was allowed to play his own game when he came on yesterday, and played with much more freedom. He was great, but I would consider him for the sub role again.

The other I would consider as sub is Cox, who I think is showing signs of weariness.

I wouldn’t make too many changes otherwise. Stringer out means you bring in Waterman, if fit, or else push Langford forward. I’d have a close look at Ham also. Unlike some, I think he has a future because he’s hard running and takes ground, but he’s a bit timid occasionally, and he needs to take the first option more often.

2 Likes

Out: Ham Stringer Cox
In: Zaka Guelfi Bryan
Sub: Cahill

You thinking Bryan up fwd?

In: Waterman, Guelfi
Out: Stringer, Ham

4 Likes

Is Waterman even fit ?

1 Like

Apparently Stringer’s injury isn’t severe. 1-2 weeks.

18 Likes

That is some good news.

1 Like

Yes it is :metal:

2 Likes

Something was mentioned about his ankle I think. If hes injured then maybe Ham stays in or Zaka or Cahill could take his spot. I dont expect much from Cahill but Hams been bad so it might be worth seeing what Cahill can do for a couple of weeks and giving Ham a chance to find form in the VFL.

1 Like

I read somewhere that Fremantle expect Cerra back next week, and Alex Pearce might return for them. Two of their better players.

It’s definitely one of our more winnable games, but the Dockers probably deserve to start the slightest of favourites.

Don’t underestimate how much the COVID situation in WA might impact this game, despite it being a week away. The Dockers have been forced to travel to Brisbane today for the game against the Lions (originally scheduled for Perth) and it’s unseasonably warm in Brisbane this weekend. Travel back to Perth tonight (longest road trip in football) then back to Melbourne next week for our game.

I understand that these are highly paid professional footballers and such setbacks shouldn’t impact a game, but the reality is they have in the past and will continue to do so.

I think we are due for a ‘close’ win after our hat trick of close losses this year to date. This could probably be one of those. We will need to be more switched on compared to our first quarter against GWS though!

2 Likes