Changes for fcfc

The guy I’d really like to bring in for Gleeson is Ahep

Have been away this weekend so not sure of VFL form but if he’s played well yesterday I’d really like to see SMACK back in. He can and should provide muscle and intensity against Carlton.

I would definitely bring in Polky. He’s hard, smart, can play inside and can even take a hanger. He appeared to be over his injury yesterday and he’s the one EFC VFL player we added to the top up list. Time to give him a go and we sure need inside mids on today’s showing.
Reckon McKenna looked better this week and we need to back young players.

No change.

No need to send Brown back either. He improved up forward this week - 13 disposals, 7 marks and 1.3. Which Carlton talls are going to tear us apart? Besides if the midfield do not provide massive improvement on today, it won’t matter who’s down back.

Play grimely and brown up front with JD playing CHF with instructions to run all day.
Instruct McKenna, Zerrett and stokes to play like terriers up front.

Our mids must attack the game. There was zero initiative shown today.

actually

Out: McKenna, Gleeson
In Grima, Long

In- Bests in the VFL that are eligible

No change.

No need to send Brown back either. He improved up forward this week - 13 disposals, 7 marks and 1.3. Which Carlton talls are going to tear us apart? Besides if the midfield do not provide massive improvement on today, it won’t matter who’s down back.

Play grimely and brown up front with JD playing CHF with instructions to run all day.
Instruct McKenna, Zerrett and stokes to play like terriers up front.

Our mids must attack the game. There was zero initiative shown today.

Agree. Despite my previous tongue-in-cheek post, continuity for the younger players this year will pay off in spades in coming years. If they’re in and out of the side that only delays their development. It will be painful to watch mostly, but occasionally rewarding. Plus if we give them max opportunity we’ll be in a better position at end to season to know who stays and who goes. Stick with 'em, I say.

Out: Gleeson , Stokes, Dea

In: Simpkin, Crowley, Smack

B: Bags, Hartley Gwilt
HB: Kelly Brown Walla
C: Parish Bird Zerret
HF: Orazio Daniher Langford
F: Smack Grimley Cooney
R: Looney, BJ, Zaka
I: Simpkin, Crowley, Demps, Irish

• Looks a little slow but lets experiment with 3 talls
  • Lacked defensive run so Simpkin and Crowley back in
  • Gleeson needs a break, has been ok but today was a shocker
  • Have liked Dea’s year so far - not a good Dea today

Realised that there’s not much in the 2’s ATM in terms of backline depth (just Grima and Ashby really). Sam looked ok but Hartley is holding down the key back position quite well.

Gleeson out? Seriously? He’s going OK and is one of those young group of players who must play every game this year.

Geez… people turn on Stokes quickly. Thought you could make a pretty good argument he has been the best of the top ups. Guy is allowed a bad game.

Geez.. people turn on Stokes quickly. Thought you could make a pretty good argument he has been the best of the top ups. Guy is allowed a bad game.

Agree - need to keep rotating the “top ups” and actuals to find balance and try new set ups through the year whilst we can…

Gleeson out? Seriously? He's going OK and is one of those young group of players who must play every game this year.

He hasn’t earnt the right to be treated any differently to Jerrett.

Out: Gleeson, McKenna
In: Redman, Grima

Out: Gleeson, McKenna In: Redman, Grima
Bringing Grima in is going a bit too tall for my liking.

Our lack of height in defence is one of our major weaknesses IMO

Then Brown should go back, cos our forward line is too tall and slow.

Then Brown should go back, cos our forward line is too tall and slow.

Brown is creating space in our forward line and getting scoring opportunities. Why would you send him back?

Gleeson out? Seriously? He's going OK and is one of those young group of players who must play every game this year.

I’d normally agree but he couldn’t win a one on one to save his life today

I didn’t get to see the game today but I rate Grima highly as a player and if his fitness is ready he should play next week.

Fantasia forward and Long on the wing perhaps?

I’d normally agree but he couldn’t win a one on one to save his life today

He had a poor game but he’s been good this year overall. Must persist. We don’t have many young players who can play his position, either. See how he’s going by the end of the year and then make a call.