Changes for Freo

Name one bit of play that he positively impacted for us today. And don’t compare him with other players. This is an argument that he has done not a whole lot all year for us.

Hooker kicked a couple of goals and took a mark so he was in front of Zaka. Parish was good in first quarter and that’s it, again better than Zaharakis.

6 Likes

Play the kids, we need draft picks

7 Likes

Surely Hartley gets back in? And Dea (for McKenna)

…Dea played today.

3 Likes

Dea was playing today, mate.

3 Likes

Was it just me, or did Dea play today? :stuck_out_tongue:

That free kick against Dea was one of the worst I’ve seen this year.

1 Like

Thanks to all. I was aware that Dea played today. Just thought it would be a way to keep both Hartley and Dea in the side. I’ll reword-

Dea retains his spot for Ambrose and Hartley in for McKenna.

In: Zaharakis. Really missed him the last 3 years

10 Likes

He’ll be fine once he’s not getting the tag, m8.

4 Likes

All of the changes.

If we want draft picks, we might be better off playing the older guys

22 Likes

I respectfully disagree but also agree at the same time. It’s a matter of context isn’t it.

I get your point, those players have all been very average but:
Jobe is a returning player who is cooked beyond belief and I would also be dropping.
Parish is a second year player who has a great half a qtr/qtr here and there and I think is going missing a bit too much without it being pointed out here on Blitz. But he’s a 2nd year player who is as blue chip as they come and needs to be persisted with and rushed to 50 games (but I am assuming you agree and wouldn’t be dropping him?)
Hooker is a returning player getting back into his groove and adapting to a new position and yes I think he’s battling but he’s too good to drop (unless you want to give Stewart a look who I think is overdue for a crack but you still wouldn’t have Hooker in the 2s).
Howlett I agree with is struggling and no idea why he’s being utilised how he is.

Zaharakis is a wide receiver who refuses to pull his finger out and is offering us nothing at the moment without any excuse (or is he “carrying” again?)
But even then I think Zaha is poorer than them all (bar Jobe but at least he’s having a crack) and I think he needs to extract the digit. He hasn’t/isn’t IMO and needs to be sent a message.

2 Likes

cept for those 4 goal assists last game?

1 Like

To my knowledge Francis didn’t play yesterday? He was listed as rested. Tired after last week and not capable of playing any game? We need Hartley back in at FB and then Hurley at CHB. Let’s play Stewart or McKernan at CHF at least they have some mobility and pinch hit in the ruck. The amount of run generated off Hooker from opposition HBs is so damaging. Why are we so bad at centre clearances?

Yep, agree with those 100%

2 Likes

Out: Brown (injured), Watson (rested*), Howlett (omitted), Gleeson (omitted), Zaharakis (omitted)
In: Hartley, Bird, Langford. Kelly, Myers

Harts for Brown straight swap.
Bird in for Watson, to give some defensive inside work.
Langford in for Howlett, I’d rather carry a talented 20yo kid than an average 28 one.
Kelly for Gleeson, for obvious reasons.
Myers in to also give inside support, and out goes Zaka. Time to cut the sh*t and drop him. McKenna can move onto the wings and couldn’t do any worse, just keep him away from defence.

• spin it how you want.
11 Likes

How was our backline today? McNeice, Hurley, Bagley, Brown, McKenna and McGrath - other than Hurley and McGrath I would say it is a VFL backline.

3 Likes

Who are the kids not a part of the team today who look to have AFL traits who we want to see more of as the year goes on and we are not a finals contender?

Francis
Laverde (when fit again)
Langford
Redman
Begley and Mutch perhaps.

5 Likes

no changes for mine

1 Like