Changes for GWS - desperately seeking transition

My mistake yep,
He’s notched up a game :ok_hand:

I’d be keen for snelling. Would be hungry as fk and play his heart out. He knows he’s playing for a senior contract in 2020 and if he’s fit (which it sounds like he is) would give everything he’s got.

3 Likes

Fk knows why but I’m actually looking forward to this one.

We’re either going to get completely embarrassed on the big stage for the 2nd week in a row that will end our season and maybe finally force a public response from our management about where the club is at.

Or we’re finally going to awaken some of these players and perform against a top 4 side thus keeping us alive for another week.

8 Likes

That should apply to everyone on our list, especially when our season more or less depends on a win this Thursday.

2 Likes

1 Like

7 Likes

Sneilling in / Zaharakis out
Guelfi out / Ridley in
Clarke out / Stringer in

If Guelfi is ok / fit to play then Ambrose Out/ Ridley

Whilst Ambrose has been ok, we know that’s about all he will ever give us and we need to try some different things to win the game. Ridley can stop a man, but is also excellent at transition. His kicking is a dangerous weapon & we need to improve forward entries to win games. This could cost us a bit in defence I get that, but as the Eagles game showed us, if you tag our runners at half back we can’t win. We need a plan B. Ridley could provide that option in teaming up with the generally good Redman with his kicking, big call to drop Ambrose sure. But that’s where I stand.

Clearly if we continue to do what we have been doing though, we ain’t going anywhere. So this change is called for.

Clarke out - no

3 Likes

Clarke and ambrose out. Cos clearly we just have too many defensive guys?

3 Likes

Actually 27 - add Stringer if he can train and prove fitness.

Most likely changes still look to be:

• Gleeson for Guelfi - move Zaharakis or Redman to wing, we need more fire power there since our backs kick it to wings so often.
  • Stringer (if fit) for Langford.
4 Likes

Ambrose has been one of the best one on one defenders in the league this year. No way he goes out.

9 Likes

2 blokes playing thurs after a Sunday game isn’t going to happen agains the quickest side in the comp. 3 blokes were on limited mins for a reason today. Do like the ins though

Let’s not let logic get in the way!

Maybe Sneilling. Likely changes will involve Baguely, Gleeson & perhaps Myers.

1 Like

Marty played half a game today, I think he’s our man.

1 Like

Disagree Angry pill, would prefer to have a plan B and play to win.

Both ain’t bad, but we simply ain’t good enough against good teams.

What would Angry do to ensure we won, more of that same? Well that ain’t gonna work. Simplez

Don’t be stupid, be a smarty.
Come on join the…

3 Likes

Whilst he is a good old fashion defender, he doesn’t create attack & for me that’s a particular issue when our creative playmaking half backs are tagged out of the game.
A Ridley could solve this problem and help free them up. A high risk solution. But one I’m willing to try given we are so obvious and average when it matters.

22 Likes

I just watched this again for the first time in, oh I dunno, 20 years.

funny, funny, funny

( like the dancing girls too )

2 Likes

Not sure why but this image puts me off him as a footballer