Changes for next week, month or year. Who knows really

It’s tricky because ideally you want to play your best players each week but also you don’t want developing players not playing for a whole 12 months. The 2 Irish boys in particular is a very tricky situation. They may not play a single match in their first seasons.

I suspect we will have a best 22 and then 4 to 6 players that we play for a couple of games here and there.

To be honest that’s best case scenario though. I think the season will only be 4 or 5 rounds at best.

2 Likes

jeeze a kid that has played forward his entire life in his favourite sport gets shoe horned into the ‘easier’ hbf role to learn the game, wants to go back to playing forward ,‘but you’re so good at back’

give it a shot you muppets.

2 Likes

must have missed when this turned into the connor mckenna club, i thought it was still the save sheedy, sorry Essendon football club.

if that story is true, about him trying to make them essentially play him forward, coupled with the will he won’t he go home factor, it’s getting to the point where i wouldn’t mind if the club told him to ■■■■ off back to ireland.

starting to look like he thinks he is bigger than the club/team.

If McKenna doesn’t want to play where it benefits the team most. He can fk off back to Ireland

Lads really? Isn’t there enough to talk about without making ■■■■ up.

Hell, last year Worsfold berated Conor in the media for going too fast. Who knows what the real message is.

You poms still picking on the poor northern Irish :joy:

2 Likes

I chortled

1 Like

I’ve seen a few whole lot less talented players forgiven for a whole lot more.

Anyone who thinks McKenna doesn’t improve the team should be put in the cannon.
We got away with not playing him this week.
And that’s nice.
But we play better ‘small’ forwards next week.
ffs, give him redtime forward if he wants it that much. Give him a chance to show he’s right.

2 Likes

In: McKenna
Out: Fantasia

2 Likes

OUT: Zaharakis

He was cooked last year

2 Likes

Woosha in the post match saying hooker Stewart and McKernan all available this week. Ah, is he completely out of touch or are we?

Sounds like Stewart is closer but hooker himself was saying round 4 or 5 only a few weeks ago and reports here have smack in hospital with pneumonia.

I think there is every chance it is not us.

2 Likes

I think 20 minutes less game time brings Hooker back sooner.

zaharakis is the new Myers

please no more

3 Likes

We do seem to take longer than any other club to phase out blokes that are past it.

1 Like

We shouldn’t go to Sydney. Boarders are close to closing anyway I feel.

Lol at anyone thinking there is going to be a Round 7

IN: Ham, McKernan, McKenna
OUT: Zaharakis (won’t happen coz woosha loves him), Langford, Guelfi

Give Lav another go as we need some tall timber up forward to support Smack

1 Like

I would have Langford up forward over Fantasia any day. Raz has to be omitted.

McKenna has to come in.

If McKernan then Stewart should also play. It’s obvious that we need a marking target in the forward line and with no VFL we need to give Stewart something. I’d be flat as if I did 18 months of rehab, got better and then had nothing to do.

I also wouldn’t mind bringing in Phillips as well as one of the above as a marking player. We need someone to hit up from a kick in and on the wing as well as inside fifty. Bellchambers only took one mark yesterday which is simply not enough.