Changes for Port Adelaide Rd11 2022

why are we rushing Stewart back?

he didn’t play VfL…. and Cody Brand dominated….

2 Likes

Forgot about Stewart being ready.

Interesting to see what we do there with him. I’d like him to play forward now.

Not sure you’d bring both Jones and Stewart in one go though to play fwd. But a trio of those two plus 2MP would actually give us some proper fwd targets.

Stewart coming off a calf injury should be getting VFL game time firstly.

Yeah I’m on the Stewart forward camp too

2 Likes

I can’t see them playing Stewart forward anytime soon. Been groomed as a key back for the last 2 years, not that he’s any good at it.

1 Like

Been groomed as cover whilst we transitioned away from the experience we had, other options left had clear deficiencies or not ready 18yr old kids. One of which who is showing his class already.

I don’t see them dropping Reid (who also is in contract extension discussions) for a returning Stewart. And we have a clear need up forward for some more mature genuine fwd targets.

Hooker, Jones & 2MP worked well. Just swapping in Stewart for Hooker now.

2 Likes

Just play Brand, Jones, Tex in the ones…Don’t know why everyone keeps saying play Jones in the Twos… its farkin terrible place to develop or get back to match fitness, he would actually be better off as a Sub. We all know where we are as a club its time to play the kids

8 Likes

I don’t see the point of playing Stewart anymore. He isn’t going to be helping us win games in 2 years time(which is what we should be looking at when selecting the side right now).

Let him play the rest of the year in the VFL, and then delist

12 Likes

no one cares anymore

Corpse FC

9 Likes

right now with our game plan and lack of quality kicks into the forward line… would be good to see 2MP coming up the ground and Jones closer to goal

Stewart should definitely come back via the Ressies. He doesn’t have great touch anyway and needs to show some form. I would play him forward in the VFL. In the absence of Stringer a forward line of:
Perkins Stewart Jones
Tex, 2MP, Hobbs
would work okay
Problem is it is not so much the names, as the delivery into the forward line. I pity anyone trying to mark those wobblers belted in from the middle of the ground. Long bomb to the top of the square works every now and then. Long bombs to thirty/forty metres out just sets up the defender for a spoil and mopping up, if not a contested mark to their spare man in defence.
Flip should be in this week, but I doubt they would drop Draper. Too much of a cult figure.

14 Likes

Has a team ever named less than 22/23?

I’d be keen to be the first.

Not sure we have 22/23 who warrant a game.

1 Like

I’m just treating this as a bye week. The outcome of this game is pretty inevitable.

Will wait and see who will name in two weeks.

1 Like

There’s people who have been watching our performances this season and are deciding that James fkn Stewart, who couldn’t be arsed rushing a ball through, is the answer to our problems.

■■■■ me dude

7 Likes

who cares, the club doesnt

Sheil out

James Stewart up forward would be a better option than Waterman who cant take a contested mark and/or Francis who simply isn’t a forward…

4 Likes

In: brand, Ridley, Tex, Caldwell (?), jones

Out: Kelly, Cutler, guelfi (inj), Redman (sus), waterman

McGrath brand lav
Hind Reid Ridley

Martin parish Durham
Draper Merrett Caldwell

Shiel Jones perkins
Tex Wright frang

Hepp Hobbs Bryan - whoever

If redman isn’t suspended hind can wear the subs vest

2 Likes

You don’t like Kelly much do you :wink: we still got 3 years left of him signed till 2024

fk

might need to start calling it bomber o’clock instead of docker o’clock

-edit- or the bounce preshow

1 Like