Changes for Sydney

Just looking towards next week vs the Swans and it looks a ■■■■■■ scary prospect!

Going through and gee there are a lot of changes that I would like to see.

Daniher for Grima.
Stokes for Redman
Polkinghorne for Eades/Merrett.
Simpkin for Bird / Bags (would like to see him run through the middle)

Then on top of that you have got Parish on the verge of a rest and Gleeson for Ambrose I would probably favor too.

Out: Chamberlain, Fisher, Nicholls

That too - far out we have been smashed in a few games this year at the start until the heat is out of the game… make up free kicks like that one to Brown? when Grimley marked it,… drives me nuts.

Sydney umpires are tops.

Time to bring in Grima.

Outs would be Grimley, Stokes (inj) and Tippa (yea…i said it!)
Ins: Grima, Redman and Bird.

Smaller ground against a hardened team, we need experience and big bodies. Stokes I don’t think will come up and Tippa has had a couple of poor weeks, could use a spell. Grimley is a one trick pony and would much prefer to blood Redman based on his form.
Grima to play on Franklin, he did well on Cloke a few weeks back so he still has it, the smaller ground will help him keep close too.
Bird to come up against his former club, hopefully has plenty to prove. Put him on parker.

This is going to be ugly.

Out: Expectations
In: No Expectations

if we lose by less than 60, it will be a marvellous day

if we lose by less than 160, it will be a marvellous day

fixed

I couldnt see the point of selecting Polkinghorne. I thought it a week or so too early. That said, now that he has been selected i see no point in dropping him after one game.

Parish is interesting. He looks a bit cooked around the stoppages but his disposal is still effective when he gets it. I could see them giving him a week off but i dont think its inevitable for this specific week.

Redman would be a “just coz” selection, but “just coz” is probably ok this year. Itd be a tough game to debut a lightweight kid in though.

I would bring Jamar in for Grimley - Grimley is not giving much up forward and his time in the ruck coincides with the opposition getting on top around the stoppages. Jamar will be good for a goal and will definitely ensure we are 100% competitive at the stoppages when Leuenberger has a spell.

I would bring in Grima for Dea - we lack size down back and Dea is a player who does not do well in contested ball situations (being out-bustled by Thomas in a marking contest early in the last as a typical example). Grima can genuinely share the load with Hartley allowing Gwilt to take the 3rd tall rather than battle under-sized against a second tall.

Baguley comes back for Gleeson. Yes, Gleeson was much better than his diabolical game on Anzac Day but he only played because of a reprieve.

McKenna a straight in for Polkinghorne - quicker, more creative and a better field kick (than basically the whole team bar Walla).

In: AMBROSE

Who cares, just give redman, mckernan and eades a gig. Apart from that shoot grimley out of a cannon, the rest…meh

I think it’s interesting the thought of resting young players. Re Parish, I don’t think he needs it but that said, I think Sydney will be very, very tough so if you were ever going to do it I’d do it this week.

I actually thought some of the older guys looked like they needed a rest more than the younger ones. Kelly has been really good this year but I thought he looked tired. Luenberger has also been good but barely had the strength to handball on a few occasions yesterday (some of his disposals were pitiful). Stokes looked tired as well but apparently is injured which may explain it. I thought that Simpkin looked slow and fumbly and Polkinhorn did little and to be honest I thought he was lucky to be selected.

The reality is that the players that could be dropped and those that could come in are relatively even so it’s not going to change things significantly. It did not sound as if any of the VFL players demanded a senior upgrade with their performances.

If it was up to me, I’d probably bring in Ambrose for Polkinhorn. I don’t rate Ambrose but still think he’d give us more. I’d bring in Grima perhaps for Dea. I would consider bringing in Edwards or McKenna just for pace but again not sure their form warrants it.

I would bring Jamar in for Grimley - Grimley is not giving much up forward and his time in the ruck coincides with the opposition getting on top around the stoppages. Jamar will be good for a goal and will definitely ensure we are 100% competitive at the stoppages when Leuenberger has a spell.
For the problem you're describing, I'd suggest Michael or Smack before Jamar. They need to be treated as 90% forward because Leuenberger never rests forward, just on the bench.

I would really like to see McKernan in the team and playing on the ball. Not as the knock ruckman, but as a ruck-rover. He was consistently one of our best in the second half of last year. In that period he was playing as the knock ruckman, and although he wasn’t winning many hitouts, his size, strength and desire won us a lot of the ball. Plus he can drift forward and kick a goal.

He was hopeless in round 1 played as a permanent forward and he’s apparently doing no better in that role in the twos. So let’s make use of the talent that he has, which is to get the ball around the ground and generally create a bit of havoc.

The other one is Eades. I’ve never seen him, but he’s reported to be special, and pacey, and we need some of that.

There’s any number who could be dropped to make way for those two. Preferably older, slower guys. You can never have too much pace.

Buddy 8.5.53
def
Essendon 5.18.48

I would really like to see McKernan in the team and playing on the ball. Not as the knock ruckman, but as a ruck-rover. He was consistently one of our best in the second half of last year. In that period he was playing as the knock ruckman, and although he wasn't winning many hitouts, his size, strength and desire won us a lot of the ball. Plus he can drift forward and kick a goal.

He was hopeless in round 1 played as a permanent forward and he’s apparently doing no better in that role in the twos. So let’s make use of the talent that he has, which is to get the ball around the ground and generally create a bit of havoc.

The other one is Eades. I’ve never seen him, but he’s reported to be special, and pacey, and we need some of that.

There’s any number who could be dropped to make way for those two. Preferably older, slower guys. You can never have too much pace.

Blicavs McKernan?

Ok I will have a crack, after reading VFL wrap, and getting over Blues loss.
Changes:
Grimley for Grima.
Stokes (Hammy) for Edwards
Gleeson for Baguley

B: Baguley Grima Gwilt
HB: Kelly Hartley Dea
C: Fantasia Goddard Dempsey
HF: Zerrett Daniher Tippa
F: Brown Edwards Parish
R: Leuneberger, Zaharakis, Cooney
Int: Langford Crowley, Simpkin, Polkinghorne,

Would love Redman or Long to get a crack if Parish is rested.
However Playing Parish forward might be a good move, freshen him up a bit, can go midfield if we need and he can sang a goal.

I guess Brown or Hartley to relief Ruck. Could even use the switch.
Zerrett & Tippa as HFF to use their disposal kicking inside 50 and hitting up targets instead of bombing it.
Daniher CHF to roam between the arcs and break the marking record, and have a ping whenever in range.
Brown to stay closer to home, Edwards create spark, unpredictability, Parish to crumb.

We also need Dea to be more attacking if he is used as a HBF.

They will totally bring in Zerrett for Stokes

They will totally bring in Zerrett for Stokes

Cool, we cloned Zac :smiley: