Changes v Brisbane - round 4, 2019 - the speculation thread

Brown at FF I assume? Clarke on the bench

1 Like

That’s a good question. Clearly if he had have played this weekend it was going to be VFL.
But seeing as there is a bye in the VFL you never know. I reckon he’s more likely than stewart but no certainty

Out - Mutch, Mckernan
In - Hooker, Langford

Id probably persist with the two rucks for another game

1 Like

Good points - thanks! That insight is something that can’t be seen on TV - and won’t be offered up by the farkwit “expert” commentators.

3 Likes

IMO we have two options.

In: Hooker Draper Myers
Out: McKernan Clarke/Ambrose Mutch

T-Bell plays full forward alternating with Draper and hooker back

Or

In: Hooker Myers
Out: McKernan Mutch

Hooker plays smacks role.

I would love to see Mynott or D Clarke in but Myers will be the obvious choice by Woosha and crew

Huge game TBH. I actually don’t thin Brisbane are that good. I Saw them at Etihad against north and they only won because of their speed. North are slow as ■■■■. Will be intersting though.

Out: Z. Clarke, McKernan, Mutch
In: Draper, Brown, Myers

Like for like as much as possible.

Out: Mutch, McKernan
In: D.Clarke, Hooker if he’s ready or I guess it has to be Brown

Alternatively Hartley and send Francis forward?

1 Like

Why do people want Myers in so badly? Midfields are overrated (Serious)
Look at Collingwood - beams, pendles, sidebottom , treleor - got smashed by the eagles.
Look at Bulldogs - the bont, hunter, mcrae etc smashed by the suns
Look at the Hawks - who is their midfield and inside mids? Worpal? and they still won.

Let’s leave Myers out and back our running game plan with running players.

8 Likes

In: Draper, Hooker, Redman
Out: Bellchambers (rested), mcKernan (hamstring), Mutch (hamstring)

Emg: Ham, Gleeson, Brown

Stewart had a good half in Vfl but first game back so won’t rush him in, after Mckernan injury.

Hooker probably plays forward or Francis.
Redman and guelfi to split wing and defence.

Ham is getting close, Gleeson too.
Will save Mozzie for Anzac Day debut.

Believe Daniher might be a chance for selection too.

Hooker would have no match fitness behind him so he will most likely come in (VFL have the bye, don’t they?) and he will play up forward.

Is hartley injured ?

If not I’d bring him in and throw him up forward and tell him to just create a contest at all cost.
lets face it he is probably pretty much cooked as a backman and won’t be getting a game down there unless multiple injuries to key players down there, and then we are pretty much ■■■■■■ anyway.

this would be a good chance to see if he can make it in any other position.

1 Like

Out: Clarke, McKernan, Mutch
In: Hooker, Draper, probably Myers (would love to see Clarke or Mynott), but will be Langford if Myers not fit.

Clarke should never play AFL again. I was convinced of this when he and some other Essendon player were out marked in the back pocket by some Melbourne midget. He is SOFT.

1 Like

That Clarke and Guelfi incident happened just below me.

I for the life of me could not work out why Clarke was giving Guelfi a bake.

If Guelfi hadn’t have been there I think the Melbourne player still would have out marked him. Clarke has next to no physical presence.

4 Likes

Out: Mutch, Mckernan, Clarke
In: Myers, Stewart, Hooker

1 Like

Like most of these changes. As bad as Z Clarke was, and he had a shocker, is needed for his mobility to counteract Stefan Martin, as TBC can’t compete with him in his current form. Myers would only slow down the midfield, hopefully the coaches think others have gone past him, and he doesn’t get a free pass back in. Langford needs to show a fair bit more in the maggoos before he comes back in. Draper to debut, to give Clarke a chop out in the ruck and a taste of senior footy. His apprenticeship needs to start soon. Clarke did okay as a forward in the WAFL last season, so l would give him another chance. Stringer and Hooker to provide some presence in the forward line as well. The defence is starting to gell as a unit, and those calling for Ambrose to be dropped have no idea.

6 Likes

I agree, why on earth do people want MYERS Back in? Play Clarket, mynott or a young player FFS. Even Langford YES ■■■■■■■ LANGFORD.

2 Likes

Have actually liked the idea of trying Harts as a forward for a while but it would probably be unwise to try it first up in the big show, maybe a few runs in the vfl first would be good

1 Like

Tend to agree, not this week , walker is in career best form, Harris Andrews a future all Australian and quite possibly a league top 5 defender with Gardiner playing well to, a no from me against the lions

Agree , said it a few times but Martin is prob the hardest working ruckman in the league, he will destroy belly around the ground, id definitely lean towards leaving him out this week

1 Like