Changes V Freo

on what planet are people dropping Ambrose?

16 Likes

With finals approaching, who needs a hard tough player who can shut down a dangerous key forward!

2 Likes

I don’t really think it’s that big a gamble. We’ve lost a couple of forwards and we don’t have an abundance of options. Plus that debut…boy oh boy wowee!

2 Likes

In Jobe, Colyer,
Out Green, Bird

Interesting pattern emerges.
Begley. Great first half. Fades out … OK its his first game.
Stewart, great first half then fades out. This happens almost every week.
Joe, kicks almost all of his goals each week during the first half.
Lav, good first half, has 2-3 shots at goal fades out.

The only tall forward we have who is capable of standing up at the end of games is Hooker.

So, why? I think the reduced interchanges, and high km/high impact game plan is effecting those players badly.

Having said that, we are almost the second top scoring team in the comp, Keeping up that level of work rate is taking toll on our forwards.

This is like a final, Freo have been labelled as woeful, but dont take any notice of that, they are fully capable of beating us.

Out: Bird, Green, In : Trav, Jobe.

5 Likes

I quite like this. VFL team only got the cats to contend with. Give him another taste with the added pressure of finals hinging on a win. But it makes no sense. He won’t be replacing Hurley but either Ambrose or Hartley. Which I just realised as I was wasting my time writing this. Aaaaand…reply

Sean Darcy confirmed suspended for Freo

when he gave away NASCAR

1 Like

OUT: Foot, Stevic, O’Gorman
IN: Pannel, Fisher, Williamson

2 Likes

And 2 weeks for Jonas…if we feel like getting ahead of ourselves.

2 Likes

Yes you could tell we really missed Howlett’s 12 possessions last week. Sadly he may be correct.

Out: Cale hooker sprinting to goal from a set shot, seriously what the fark.

In: 5 days of kicking coaching for Cale Hooker

In: Trav for Green. Jobe and Howlett for their final games. I wouldn’t take them to Adelaide to play Port in 1st final…both too slow and cooked

Out: Laverde…spud

Anyone else worried about our forward line?
Our biggest weapon this season is missing 2 key players - oraz and green.

1 Like

Walters is out for Freo also

We should we Raz back for finals, and Begley has already shown capable of an impact in line if not better than what Green has been producing.

I think barring any setbacks Raz could be ready for the final. Will be 5 weeks come game day.

If we beat Freo this week

Think people are over-rating Green a bit. The guy averages 10 touches and a goal (and misses more than he kicks).

His pressure is there. But I think people assume, small and (somewhat) quick = pressure. I would argue that Howlett / Colyer (or even Bird) adds more pressure if played permanently as a forward.

Once Fantasia is back, Green will not be missed. I doubt he would have kept his spot for a final if Begley / Laverde plays well enough again next week.

Out: Bird, Green
In: Watson, Colyer / Howlett

5 Likes

He hasn’t done a hell of a lot but our speed in the forward line is a real key. Defenders panic when they know that a tackle could come from nowhere. Benny and Bird are just too slow

Not really. When you have people like Joe, Hooker, Stewart and Tippa all hanging around the goals, that will be more than enough to get the job done against a team that has already checked out for 2017.

Mutch has played half back all year in vfl, not a chance.

1 Like