Changes V Freo

So in last few weeks: several injuries +lacklustre wins.

Do you think they are putting them through a high intensity training phase to get team in cherry ripe fitness for September?

Or just sore after a long season?

Out: Green
In: Coyler (or anyone who can provide speed and pressure in our f50)

Out :Myers (or most likely Bird)
In: Watson

Out: NFI
In: Hurley (if 100% fit and only if so)

Colyer and Howlett? Is that so you can moan about how our 15 point win that got us into the finals was garbage?

1 Like

ā– ā– ā– ā–  take alert.

1 Like

Can people just dream with me for one post, just one

Instead of Myers hack disposals to nowhere, weā€™ll have Jobeā€™s sublime hand balling vision and extraction skills

AND we could have the defensive game of Bird helping Jobe get those handballs out

WHAT A WORLD.

3 Likes

Guys, I think itā€™s time to rid the idea that younger players who play 2 good VFL games are more deserving than senior players players who play ok-good in the seniors.

Myers is a good enough footballer who plays an important role across Mid-Defence. At the same time, can kick it 60 metres if need be.

Langford has not shown any real form in the seniors, nor can he play Myers role. Plus, I doubt in a crunch wust-win game, Worsfold will pick all of Laverde / Begley / Langford.

Begley will keep his spot. And why would you bother dropping Laverde for Langford? Laverde shows more at senior level and is running into confidence / form (and plays a good role for us).

1 Like

The time for experimenting is over now. This week we should and i expect will pick the side that we think will be our side in the finals( if we make it)

Colyer comes back in to replace green, he doesnt deserve to come back in based on this years form but we need him firing so he comes in.

Watson comes back in.

Bird is just about a guaranteed out, though i hope like hell i am wrong

Whilst still getting almost as many possessions as he usually doesā€¦

1 Like

No way Hurley gets risked this week. Should be right to go in the first final.
Thereā€™s a case for Long but I think Colyer fills the small forward void.
In: Colyer, Watson
Out: Green, Bird

B: Baguley Ambrose McGrath
HB: Kelly Hartley Gleeson
C: Goddard Heppell Parish
HF: Begley Daniher Stewart
F: Tippa Hooker Laverde
Foll: Bellchambers, Zaharakis, Merrett
Int: Watson, Colyer, Myers, McKenna
Emer: Bird, Langford, Mutch

2 Likes

How can you say no changes when Green has busted his foot? There will be at least one.

1 Like

HAHAHAHA!!!

yeah FTWā€¦ how can you say that, you MONSTER!!!

8 Likes

I think we need Colyer in this side as much for his line breaking ability. We need a jet engin to worry these top sides, when we get it right they all have trouble coping with it. IIRC he was the one that lit the fuse against Sydney last time, him and tippa in the second half
We usually get a surge in every game and the key to itā€™s success is scoring accuracy when we surge. So I see Colyer as a vital part of the jet engin
Colyer, Zakka, Zach, Tippa, and Connor. These 5 blokes are our spark and when it goes bang. we need to hit the scoreboard, that generally gets us a win when these 2 elements click. It usually overwhelms most sides when it works.
Begley seems a good set shot, on days when Hooker and Jimmy get it right we usually win. We pretty much surge at least a few times each game, we just need to get the finishing off right.
Now with green replacement. I think we need another smallish forward and the key is chase and tackle for mine, scoring a goal or 2 would be a bonus but we need someone who can assist by chase down tackle and lock in, Think Colyer in as a forward or wing, and another small chase and tackle type probably at the expense of Lav at this time.

I dont get to see the VFL team, Who would best fit that bill?

Well someone has to come out. Lav or Myers or Bird would be other contenders but I think we need Lav and Myers for finals if we make it.

Its no criticism of Begs. If it were round 9 then 100% you would keep him in.

But he is a kid with 1 game experience. IMO the responsibility for next week and hopefully after needs to be with guys who are more mature of body and mind and more experience in pressure games.

Maybe Bird gets dropped and Begs stays in. That might happen.

Maybe Langford for Bird and Colyer for Begs. That way we add pace but keep some forward scoring power.

Its good to be contemplating finals in terms of selection decisions though.

Begs is in at least until Fanta comes back. Maybe longer.

I canā€™t quite believe that Iā€™m reading Begley in some peoples ā€œoutsā€ list. Seriously, what!?

8 Likes

your an absolute idiot

Not sure if you are serious, but Iā€™ll fill you in.

ā€œNo changes for mineā€ is a running joke and has been for years regardless of anything. I think @Crazy_Bomber started it

5 Likes

In: Hurley, Watson & Long
Out: Hartley, Bird & Green

Probably am on this one. I didnā€™t see the game last week, so might be a fair way off the mark.