Changes V Freo

Welcome newbie! This is the thread where we discuss potential changes to the side for the upcoming game.

3 Likes

I said ā€˜if hurls is fitā€™.

I would prefer him not to miss three weeks and play. We donā€™t just need to win. We need to win well if we want to secure our spot and get ready for finals

Bird droppings are building up in this thread.

3 Likes

i have a bad feeling we rested Francis as Hurley will miss another game and we couldnt risk Francis getting injured either. A fresh Francis might come in against Freo to make Hurley cherry ripe for hopefully finals

Would love to have Lang in just so he can spend some time playing on Fyfe.
Then he knows what to aim for over the preseason.

This is probably new to Blitz but I honestly donā€™t know what changes Iā€™d make this week. Itā€™s ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  tough.

If we were coming up against a WCE. or Port or Swans, (someone who wanted to win to make finals), I think thereā€™d be a good argument to not include him, because after that debut, ā€¦ there might be a good chance of the sophomore blues for him,ā€¦ (but only the Coaches would know the chances of that, and his mentality)

But, given I think Freo wonā€™t want to win this game, for draft reasons, players already thinking about mad mondays etc, ā€¦ youā€™d likely give him another run and get that 2nd game out of the way, in one where you can afford it, should it happen, ā€¦ and assess him closely for finals consideration.

But then again, there might be the chance to give some others like Mutch a go, and Lang etc.

Yep. The little doggie he hit took a long time to get up and went off for a while.

Freo are going to come out breathing fire this week after spending the week being blasted in the media following two 104 losses in a row. I can see it happening as i type.

1 Like

Thatā€™s really bad form, Josh Purple.
Itā€™s youā€™re an absolute idiotā€™

1 Like

And that might be good enough to keep them competitive for the first 20 minutes. I watched about half of their game yesterday and it was enough to tell me that the cue is in the rack for 2017. They were lifeless. No amount of media pressure and s going to fix that in a week.

2 Likes

From Hurleyā€™s comments on the AFL website, I think chances are theyā€™ll play it safe and rest him on the expectation that weā€™ll make finals - and heā€™ll have a 3 week break to get back up and running again.

Key Bomber unsure if heā€™ll be fit for crucial round 23 clash

Does michael gleeson think nobby is still on our senior list?

His article. He says how colyer and howlett in frame a call up and nick Oā€™Brien had 40 touches in the vfl.

2 Likes

In - Watson, colyer

Out- green, Myers

2 Likes

Oops oh well everyone makes mistakes, Also I like the Josh Purple Thing

Hers a tip one of the hill boys will have a career game against us and some unknown will kick4 Bennel will tear it up thus announcing freo was right to sign himā€¦

One Can only think the worst after they got flogged last week!

Would have liked to see Francis play Hurleyā€™s role last week - if Hurley is out again I would love to see Francis get a chance
In Francis Watson Colyer
Out: Myers Green Ambrose

1 Like

After the recent word on Francis from the Coaches, ā€¦ Iā€™d say heā€™s got Buckleys.

3 Likes

Iā€™d go with that.

Should we make finals, Begley stays in. Itā€™s not unexpected that a young player gets a dip in form after the adrenaline of a good start and itā€™s only going to get tougher for him from here on in but I think heā€™s enough of a true wildcard to remain selected. Itā€™s a selection gamble with merit Iā€™d like to see happen.

You think weā€™re trading Francis to the Pies?

2 Likes