Changes v GWS round 10

Zero changes. None required at all, let them have some continuity after a great game.

3 Likes

Hurley has been fairly average perhaps he has to win his way back through the 2s?

6 Likes

People advocating Green for Lav really surprises me.

Let’s drop a kid we spunkd a top 20 pick on, who’s slowly finding his feet at senior level after getting over his injuries and drop him for a limited footballer who’s peaked.

He also plays a completely different role.

It would really pi ss me off if that change comes to fruition.

32 Likes

In: Redman
Out: my boy, Laverde

The desperate need to change the team? Why not wait until we lose where we will want 6 players dropped?

1 Like

It would be nice to slowly claw our way up the ladder and over the Giants…SO THEY PAY US FOR TAKING SMITH OFF THEIR HANDS.

I’m dubbing this match the Smith Second Round Pick Swap Showdown.

7 Likes

Leave team as is really hoping Clark lifts and shows what he can do.

Laverde needs to stay. Is starting to take some marks, and a few of his kicks today just screamed class. Let’s not forget he has copped some decent injuries. He plays the Year our no questions from me.

8 Likes

Mcgrath (if OK) or redman for bj (rested)

3 Likes

Don’t like the Hurley for Dea calls at all, Hurls has been bog average lately, Dea may not have the flash but he beats his man 8 times out of 10
Hurls has not beaten anyone in a 1 v 1 for ages

7 Likes

Let’s take the chance and keep an unchanged line-up (unknown injuries permitting). It’s all upside from where I’m sitting.

Just get Myers back in for freaks sake

9 Likes

in McGrath if fit.

4 Likes

Mcgrath and Hurley IN.

Other than Dea the outs are harder. Clarke for Mcgrath if it was a final would make sense but absolutely hate setting a precedent where debutants dont get at least a couple of cracks at it.

What I will say is that if its:
OUT Clarke
IN Myers

I’ll lose it.

1 Like

Dea was superb.

I’d rather someone who holds their man and intercept marks over the sheep dog BS Hurls has surged up lately.

No changes, it’s a team game and that was a team effort.

7 Likes

Sneaky hope Myers is named for the Blitz reaction.

6 Likes

Dont disagree that Hurley needs to get back to being the beast AA quality defender from last year and quit trying to get the easy ball, but his quality by foot sets him well apart from Dea.

Ambrose and Dea make me very nervous with ball in hand. Great 1-1 but limited by foot.

Hurley an immediate in if fit for mine though a one week hammy is almost unheard of nowadays.

Out: Langford
In: The new kid David Myers

Lotta potential this kid.

6 Likes

Yep.
He looked ok, did the right things, and cracked in hard, without really having a good game per se. I suspect he’s still a year and a few kg from really doing well at AFL level, but he deserves a 2nd game.

GWS are a fair bit taller (Lobb’s about 7’14”, then Cameron and Himmelburg), than the Cats side (Hawkins, Crameri then Parsons at 189cm).
Not sure when Patton’s back, but he’s another one, probably at Himmelburg’s expense.

Ambo probably picks up Cameron, Hooker to Lobb, asking Ridley or Dea to take Himmelburg or Patton would be trouble. Dea can take a Cramers size, not much bigger.