Changes v Melbourne - Sunday 1:10pm

5 day turnaround.

Jobe, Pops, Stants and Franga are not going to get up for this. Really be dumb to play them for this game and injuring them, and not to mention throwing the game away.

Myers, McKenna, Mutch and Langford in.

I am still ■■■■■■ Hartley is not playing. So Harts in for Brown. If I wasn’t suggesting so many changes, Bags would be out for Dea.

Nankervis obliterated Melbourne when Spencer went off. That’s what we need to be taking advantage of, I’d probably play both Luey and Smack this week to work over Watts.

Also, Jones looked proppy as all hell and Petracca looked cooked too.

1 Like

Bird didn’t play at all this weekend, they wouldn’t pick him would they?

I’d go TBell for Leuey; Myers for Watson and dunno for Stanton. Not sure Francis deserves to hold his spot, but 4 would be a lot of changes to a winning side.

1 Like

I can’t imagine a couple of players would be played in the vfl even if they were rested. You wouldn’t rest Watson to play in the vfl.

Zaka and stanton are the odd ones out. they deserve to be dropped but as you say 4 days isn’t enough of a recovery, so do you rest them this weekend and drop them the following, or just rest them and hope it re focuses them.

Either way the obvious thing this week will be how tired are the players ?
you can’t use it as an excuse after the fact or game, cos we all are wondering about it now. so you either rest some players and take in 22 fit and ready to go players and take your chances, or you don’t, but lack of rest can’t be used as an excuse.

I am happy to make a large number of changes.

I do not want to lose the next match simply because we run out of legs.

And I have faith in the quality of our replacement options.

“Try Stants in a position he can play before dropping.”
This

3 Likes

For those wanting tbell in for luey, remember how long tbell has been out of the game and injured prior to the suspension. In my opinion he needs several dominant games of 80% in the ruck before thinking about rucking him solo. Also dont think we can carry him in the forwardline as a second ruckmen. As it would completely change the forward dynamic which is working really well.

Tough decision ahead.

2 Likes

Agree make changes for the team we vs
Then against the team we are going up against the following week.
In Smack, Belly, Bird, Stewart, Dea, Hocking.
Out Leuy, Zakka, Watson, Stanton, Kelly, Green.

Melbourne have no ruck. Perfect time for Smack to and Belly to play.
Midfield needs rest, why not give Bird and Hocking game time.
Switch Dea in for Kelly and Stewart for Green to test what they can do against an opposition we beat last season.
Then the next week make a big push for the trip to Subiaco.

Watson for Myers
Stanton for Mutch
Francis for Stewart
Lueberger for TBC (assuming not 100% recovered)

If Baguely needs a rest next week, McKenna in, else for Kelly rested week after in Freo.

Honestly I’m pretty excited to see how our new look ball movement and forward line go on the fast track on Docklands.

I think the speed of our ball movement can really worry them.

They have a lot of big bodied ball winners so hopefully we can make the most of would should be an advantage in the ruck and get the ball to the outside where I think we can hurt them a bit.

Garlett is probably the key to their forward line at the moment but we can’t take Hogan for granted as we will probably come in for some stick this week.

I think Hibbard will probably struggle to back up from his first game and short break and I wouldn’t mind watching melk trying to chase Fanta.

Hopefully petracca’s knee sure to come up too because he can make things happen.

It’s amazing what a win can do for your confidence

2 Likes

I’d say Bird will be a certainty to be included this week given he was rested and on the cusp. I’d have him in for Stanton.

■■■■■■■ hell its round 6 and we’re finally playing at etihad.

Give Melbourne the fresh Bird

Beachcomber

Myers for the sorest mid

and Hocking before he kills somebody in the vfl

Out: Stanton, Leuey, Zaharakis and…wow, not sure.

Crazy.

Took til Round 8 last year

With Myers now fit, is McKernan even eligible anymore? I know we do have a LTI spot free, but I haven’t heard it’s been used on McKernan.

ENTER JAMES SHERRY

1 Like

Don’t know who most needs a rest, but Stewart T Bell & Myers are all ready & amped to have a crack.

Didn’t read the thread, so I’m likely repeating the thoughts of a few at least I’d imagine.

1 Like

Ffs these guys are professional athletes, unless they are injured no changes for mine. I don’t get the obsession around here for wholesale changes. We have just come off probably our most consistent win of the season.
Woosha has stated over and over that the team needs time to gel together, well played mate for making minimal changes the last few weeks it’s payed off.

3 Likes

It’s a 4 day break after game on a heavy track. Woosh conceded that a few really struggled to come up for the crows after 5 days off.

I hear what you’re saying but there will be changes

• Stanton and Francis outs are obvious. Probably Stewart and Bird in.
  • if Melbourne will only have two tall forwards, we might not play all of Hurley, Brown and Ambrose.
  • Depending on how they come up, any or all of Watson, Bags, Kelly, Leuy, and Heppell could also be out. Belly, Myers, Mutch, McKenna, Dea possibilities.