Changes v Melbourne - Sunday 1:10pm

Stanton must not play on Sunday.

Other changes depending on recovery

2 Likes

no changes for mine

3 Likes

They’re not exactly like for like, but Francis was certainly playing the same role on Tuesday as Stewart is playing in the VFL. This change also makes sense as Francis was better suited to the wet, while Stewart will give Melbourne headaches in the dry at Etihad.

Way too tall and slow.

Can’t play Hurley, Ambrose, Hooker, Smack, Stewart, Francis and Tbell in the same team.

Milestone game :rolling_eyes:

1 Like

Stewart moves nothing like tbell though. He actually moves more like a midfielder and likes to get in his bike. He is not a start at home hulk.

That said I’d bring in Langford for Francis

2 Likes

Great that we finally have some reasonable quality depth to use.
Any of the following could slot right in.
Mids: Myers, Bird, Hocking and Howlett
Backs: Hartley, Gleeson, Dea, McKenna.
Forwards: Stewart, Langford, Begley
Rucks: Bellchambers, McKernan
Will be interesting to see if our defensive coverage improves if some of the older/slower brigade are given a rest.

3 Likes

I actually reckon people who think there will be less than 3 changes are crazy.
There will definitely be 3 or 4. I wouldn’t be surprised to see 5.

1 Like

Apart from the other arguments, one more for resting Leuy is that Draper can actually get some time in the ruck at VFL level.

2 Likes

Demons are hardly a quick team themselves.

:DDDD

Bellchambers, Bird, Myers, Mutch, Howlett and Stewart have all presented reasonable arguments for promotion, Gleeson, Dea, Hartley and Langford are also ready to go.
McKenna back from suspension and McKernan has been playing well.

If we can rotate a few fresh legs through the side without affecting the balance or cohesion too much then I’d go for it. What’s the point of depth if you don’t use it when you need it?

4 Likes

Out: Watson (rested), Stanton, Bags, Looney
In: Myers, Mutch, Gleeson, TBell

2 Likes

Very tough to call from the outside, how do we really know who is going to pull up well and who won’t.

Bird coming in is about the only thing I’m sure of.

1 Like

Is it though?

Isn’t Stewart playing as one of the key talls in the VFL - so likely the Hooker/Daniher role??

Mckenna looked very good v Adelaide. Francis plays. Too good for VFL.

In - Mckenna, Myers
Out - Stanton, Kelly

1 Like

Really depends on how they pull up. I really don’t think we can play Francis. He will be an absolute star, but he just isn’t fit enough yet. Can’t carry a bloke who spends that much time on the pine. If we get one injury we are in trouble. Those most likely not to play are probably watson and stants. Id like to see Gleeson come in.

Being that Melbourne wont have a ruckman, this could be the game to have Smack come in. He will still win the ruck contests and gives us an extra midfielder.

9 Likes

I don’t mind that at all actually. I bet they will bring someone in pretty mobile that will suck in the ruck but be damaging around the ground. Need to be a little careful as TBC and Luey are not the best tap ruckman in the world and could really get burnt around the ground.

They will be running Cam Pedersen/Jack Watts ruck combo.

We are going to smoke them in ruck contests regardless. Our mids should always be getting first use from either Leuey or Belly.

2 Likes