Changes v Norf melbourne for round 18 2021

No changes for mine.

1 Like

It’s a great recent record, our best against any club.

Kind of surprising considering the headaches we had against North during the mid to late 90s (Pagan) and then again in the Dani Laidley era of 2002-07 when we couldn’t get a win against them. It’s a nice change.

I don’t think we will be seeing a 72 point margin like a couple of months ago. They’ve improved a lot since that moment and we’ve probably (not in a negative way but predictable for a younger squad) stagnated slightly.

We have been blessed, fixture wise, for this game with a 9 day break and North having an unusual Monday night game in Perth. Not ideal preparation for a young team with such a short turnaround after flying back.

I just wanted a win last night and happy to just get a win in this one too. Don’t care how pretty it is.

3 Likes

We really have to go hard in this game. North’s been improving but we need to play harder to and meaner than we did this week. This saints win tonight means we need to keep wining and get has many goals against teams we are expected to beat.
I think even though we won well this week we did cruise a bit. Must go hard.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is just ignorance or if there is deliberate malice behind this comment, so I’m going to assume the former. It is not ok to use a a trans person’s “dead” name, especially when you’re aware that they don’t use it themselves. It comes across as transphobic and can be extremely hurtful, even if that’s not your intention.

I’m not trans myself, but I have friends that are and I’ve seen the pain this kind of talk can cause. So I’m sorry for going off topic, but it would be nice for this to be a trans-friendly forum.

22 Likes

Will change. :+1:t4:

18 Likes

Thanks, mate. That’s the kind of attitude that’s great to see.

12 Likes

In: boners
Out: shins

Hope we belt them, like as in belt them so hard they throw away their tins in disgust

1 Like

Fold and die north

1 Like

INS. Shiel, Hepp

Outs: Langers(inj), Ham(omit)

Gleeson to sub.

Going to be almost 20 years to the day since the comeback game

McGrath is done for the year.

Unless we make finals :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

With no match conditioning.
Yeah, nah, see next year Andy, fitter, bigger, stronger, better.

2 Likes

He went down to the rooms in the first half, then came back on and played til nearly 3 qtr time. I’m still hoping it was precautionary and not a strain of any sort

2 Likes

Saw someone on FB spoke to Shiel at the VFLW game today and he said he was 2-3 away.

1 Like

That’s even longer than initially anticipated. Bugger.

It’s not a surprise though based on the recent training reports

2 Likes

True. More from the insights we’re lucky to get on here rather than the club.

2-3 weeks you’d think means against GWS or the Swans then.

Will be interesting to see when our GWS game is scheduled. Most likely a Sunday? Though considering the final 8 implications, they may place it on Saturday.

Sunday - have a 9 day break, followed by a 7 day break - would be good for us in getting players back.

Stringer lives in North fans heads rent free.

Let’s hope he has a day out.

12 Likes

25 disposals and 4 goals

Gives them another bye bye wave

2 Likes