Changes v Roos Sunday 4.40pm @ Marvel

Sunday 4.40pm has become our timeslot :tired_face:

2 Likes

I’d call it more managed.
If you want to see how Bryan and Draper play together then against North in a game that doesn’t matter is probably the time to do it.

5 Likes

Voss can come in for Jones. He deserves a crack after two very solid games in the twos, and Jones is in the Snelling camp of needing a bit of a reset. Plus Vossy will smash kents.

I also object to Wright spending 40% of the game away from Full Forward. Strenuously.

There’s some merit in this, counter-balanced in my opinion by letting this run of form that Draper is having continue with the current setup.

Can’t argue the merits of that.

I don’t usually enter these threads, because Essendon is just gonna do what Essendon does.
Usually the most conservative, boring selections possible, so I don’t see the point in getting all het up about it.
Heh. I guess that means Cutler should clean his boots.

But fwiw, Redman is likely injured and Hobbs must be damn sore and deserves a week off (from VFL, too).

2 Likes

phillips stays in for mine, he looks like sometime that randomly grew half a metre over a summer and doesn’t know how to move and that amuses me.

1 Like

In short: NO TINKERING.

1 Like

hind out, mass in. fu to mass thread haters
snell out, perko in to raise the hotness coefficient.

That’s about what I’d expect. Langford should be under pressure too after that game

ohh hot take.

drop langford for archie/stewart, do it truck

1 Like

I can’t be having with Draper playing 60% game time and replacing Phillips with not a ruck.
That would be the worst option for me.
Edit: sorry, for mine.

1 Like

I’ve quite liked the combination too.

I can just see them wanting to get Stewart in after 15 goals in 4 weeks in the vfl. Stewart and Wright can share some pinch hitting. Draper can do a smidge more ruck work.

I’m not sure it’s the right call but I can see it going that way.

2 Likes

I think Wright is a better player for doing less ruckwork.

8 Likes

Out: Langford(get surgery), Redman
In: Voss, D’Ambrosio

3 Likes

Ahhh surgery?!

This is my take also

Wright and Stewart can take up the time pinch hitting that Phillips has been doing in the ruck.

North running with Goldy & then CCJ fwd/ruck

We should be far more potent forward

Coaches have been talking about this already at training as per @CJohns report

Shoulder maybe

We require small forwards to do more than just tackle, like kick a goal from 25m.

9 Likes

docker o’clock is exactly where 14th v 18th in round 20 should be

2 Likes

ohh bring in voss to poleaxe mcdonald that is all

3 Likes

This is the second time this year North Melbourne are playing a team who lost with a kick after the siren in their previous game.

It was Richmond last week.

North won.