Changes v Suns

Whatever the side was against port Adelaide at Etihad, just pick that one. With the addition of begley

1 Like

Assuming we make finals (which I still consider a better than 50% chance) is it to wrong to hope that Watson does a minor hammy late against Freo and is unavailable for finals?

I actually think if we made finals and had a team similar to the St Kilda game weā€™d be dangerous

Yes. Man. Cmon

4 Likes

Fair danger game this one. Interstate. Struggling team overdue for a win. Season on the line more than ever. Can we bribe Solly with a sweet coaching pay packet next year to get us up this week?

1 Like

No way should lav be dropped. Give him the rest of the season in the 1s.

2 Likes

Dropping Lav would be mind boggling. I reckon he showed good signs last night, but aside from that youā€™ve got to give the bloke a go.

Completely expecting him to be dropped.

1 Like

Out Pannell and Fisher
In Zerret and non biased Umps.

7 Likes

B Mark Baguley Patrick Ambrose Aaron Francis

HB Conor McKenna Michael Hurley Martin Gleeson

C Andrew McGrath Zach Merrett David Zaharakis

R Tom Bellchambers Dyson Heppell Darcy Parish

HF Jayden Laverde Joe Daniher McDonald-Tipungwuti

F Joshua Begley Cale Hooker James Stewart

I James Kelly Brendon Goddard David Myers Craig Bird

INS Mark Baguley Zach Merrett Joshua Begley
Craig Bird Tom Bellchambers Aaron Francis

OUTS Jobe Watson Travis Colyer Ben Howlett
Matt Dea Josh Green Matthew Leuenberger

Would be nice to squeeze Mutch in too somehow. Can always dream.

1 Like

Season over. Play the kids

2 Likes

In Smack in da ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  up (Suns players)
Out Helping the opposing get up off the deckā€¦I mean what the ā– ā– ā– ā–  are we on to do that Play Mean Football. When you hit them they donā€™t get up, when you tackle them they stayed tackled and donā€™t ever help them up off the deckā€¦otherwise we should change our name from bombers to something about catsā€¦

Lav out is ridiculous, he got better as the game went on.

6 Likes

I thought he looked great, his ability to shrug opposition off was pretty impressive, adeliade guys looked generally alot biggerā€¦ maybe the white? but he seemed to be one of the few who could shrug them off.
About 3 or 4 times he was in a 50/50 and just took the ball away with strength.

1 Like

Hartley returns, in place of Dea (sorry soldier), to play on Wright.

Baguley returnsā€¦perhaps in place of Gleeson (rested?), or if there is a structural decision to give a backman more midfield time.

Zerrett returns, in place of Watson (ā€˜restedā€™) or Howlett (if there is an unlikely suspension).

Any talk of TBC returning is loco, after Leuey was pretty good and TBCā€™s injury status is still a mystery.

I keep Colyer in for as long as Fantasia is out.

Would consider Begleyā€¦could drop Lav, he never actually went back to the VFL even though he missed the Carlton matchā€¦Greene also at risk, but I think he gets picked for his experience with the forward system.

I regard most other suggestions about ā€˜playing the kidsā€™ as improbable and frankly a bit whiney. Youā€™re just setting yourselves up for disappointment.

1 Like

Iā€™ve taken a day to gather my thoughts, but iā€™m still pretty happy with where we are at. First impressions of the game, i think we kept attacking and kept taking it up to the crows regardless of the scoreline. It was really awesome to see the crowd and the boys keep fighting even when we were down by 6 goals. Those who didnā€™t attend the game who could of, I hope you enjoyed Jobeā€™s goal from the couch. It was literally worth the ticket to see that. Personnel wise, Colyer has offered nothing for a while now, and Howlett is unfortunately past it. We will still make the finals. Go dons.

12 Likes

Had a poor game but Iā€™d keep Green in on the basis it seems like the kind of game he could kick 3-4 in

In: Merrett, Hartley
Out: Howlett, Dea

1 Like

ā€œGreen is important to our structure, you can tell we have missed himā€

ā€œDrop green, not sure what he contributes or offers our teamā€

Which one is it?

3 Likes

Its the first one

8 Likes

On Saturday it was definitely the second one.
Had absolutely zero impact on the game. Jogged around like a headless chook and if his job is to pressure the defenders and lock the ball in he failed miserably. Rarely sticks a tackle and for someone who I thought had some pace he barely could raise a jog at times

1 Like

when we are good green is good, in tougher games green seems to be found out and exposed for his lack of height/strength/pace in 1-1ā€™s.

there are quite a few wyou could put in a good argument to drop.

Would like to see if adding Longs speed would help.

1 Like