Changes v Suns

Probably closest to the mark. If we don’t risk Walla with his tight hammy then he’d be out either instead of Howlett, or an extra out and maybe we’ll get to see Begley at AFL level.

1 Like

As somebody else has pointed out, there’s a big difference in Green’s speed and endurance in attack v defence.

I wonder what the GPS numbers look like split between the two?

1 Like

I originally somewhere wrote we could delist/trade 10 players. now out to 15

LIst them

3 Likes

I don’t see green as being vital to our structure. If he tackled more like a Charlie Cameron or Michael Walters sure. But I just don’t see it. When he’s on its nice but he’s hardly on.

6 Likes

Out: Dea, Colyer, Watson
In: Bags, Mutch, Zerrett

Rest Jobe for the final round. TBH he should be dropped on form but sentiment dictates that he plays in the final round. We have debuted no midfielders in 2017, give Mutch the experience on a road trip.

Would think 15 is a stretch but 10 is around the mark.
Jobe, Kelly, Howlett, Stanton, Hocking, McKernan, Green, Bird, Dea, Jerrett

1 Like

WHY WOULD YOU DELIST GREEN?

8 Likes

Lel.

Thanks, Josh…

Maybe kept as depth only, I don’t see him in our best 22 next year and if he plays anymore than a handful of games we are in strife. I think he is fairly limited as a footballer and needs to add another string to his bow to stay on a list. Very lazy at times aswell which is why Brisbane weren’t upset at him leaving

5 Likes

well hes been in the best 22 all year, also brisbane were upset at him since they had to delist him because he refused to sign for them

1 Like

Why havent we played Begley at all this year. Had a good preseason game, and could fill the Green role.

Because we are a chance to play finals and for some reason that means we pick guys like Howlett, Myers over guys like Begley and Langford etc etc

I’m all for that, but is the backline too tall?
Frang, Ridley, Hurley and Ambrose being all ≈ 190cm

Francis, Langford, Mutch, Ridley (if ready), Redman

Give them a fkn go, not all at once but give them a taste and see how they go. We’re gonna finish around the 8 - 10 spot on the ladder. Time to give these kids a taste as there’ll be plenty of spots opening up next season one would think

1 Like

Green is an excellent at the base of a pack but just hasn’t got the leg speed that a small forward requires in the modern game, not enough strings.

5 Likes

Parish, McGrath and Zerrett all in the middle.

Give Mutch a run off half back with Baggers.

Myers and Howlett go out for mine, you can’t be playing midfield and getting those numbers. Particularly when McGrath got 25 off the HBF and was BOG. They try but that’s just about it and wouldn’t get a game in any other side in the comp.

If Watson doesn’t wanna make the interstate trip let another kid or Craig Bird take his spot.

Oh he has the leg speed alright, they go that quick they’re almost a blur,… it’s like watching a fking cartoon.
The trouble is they need to be 6 inches longer. He was going flat knacker on saturday night and a big slow lolloping guy ran him down in 5 lolloping strides in the time it took Greeny to take what looked like 20 …

2 Likes

Well i think Debuting a kid will add some spark and excitement to the team.
We can all see that this team is heading in a new direction.

On one hand i would love to see Stanton play another game with Jobe, given how much he has done for our club.
But i think it would be even better if we make finals on the back of some kids ie
In: Mutch, Langford, Zerrett, Begley, Hartley
Out: Myers, Howlett, Colyer, Green, Dea
Emg: Francis, Ridley, Long

I still think myers and Colyer will be here for the future, but we are slow with Myers, and Colyers form hasnt been great.
Howlett, Green and Dea are all fringe players.

So nothings changed from his last 1 or more years at brisbane